Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Lead Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the designated aquatic recreational facilities. Providing assistance and support to the lifeguard team as and when required. They will create schedules allowing for adequate cover of all duties and will directly report to the Water park Supervisor .The Lead Lifeguard will work with the manager when applicable to facilitate all training needs. The Lead Lifeguard will manage performance of lifeguard staff, both beach, pool and galleon.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform rescue of guests in danger of drowning and be alert to accidents. Administer first aid, CPR, Oxygen and AED as needed in accordance with training received.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined by the Recreation and Aquatics Management
- Supervises and provides surveillance of swimmers and guests during ship call days.
- Possesses a general knowledge of pools, rides, and attraction operations.
- Enforces the rules and regulations of the Thrill water park or Pool or Beach locations
- Advises aquatics management of unsafe and unsanitary conditions.
- Provides superior customer service to all guests by assisting all in a polite and expedient manner.
- Performs daily routine chores and maintenance of water park to ensure neat and orderly appearance.
- Ensuring the uniform and grooming policy is adhered to within their area of responsibility,
- To observe entire beach and pool operation and ensure all other Lifeguards are in position on their towers and ready to take command of any rescue scenario
- Monitor water activity and ensure no guests travel beyond the designated buoy lines
- Informing the Management of the need for repairs, maintenance of equipment within their area of responsibility.
- Exercise full morning set up for call day preparation including all rescue equipment, rescue kayak and inspect all equipment ensuring in full safety compliance. Involvement in the pre and post open and closing procedures of the Island with all teams which will include assisting teams with beach set up and close.
- Monitor activities around aquatic recreational facilities to prevent or preempt injuries and provide assistance to guests as and when required, while ensuring the well-being of guests within the area.
- Report, document and follow up with any accidents, injuries or incidents around the aquatic recreational facilities.
- Ensure the pool areas are tidy, answering questions, enforcing policies, rules and regulations in a polite yet confident manner.
- Assist, monitor and operate designated aquatic recreational spaces including, but not limited to; opening and closing, monitoring pool locations, water attractions and general activities around the pool areas.
- Work outdoors guarding aquatic recreational areas, which involves standing in the sun exposed to external elements throughout the day.
- Be fully lifeguard qualified and certified, and maintain company required qualifications and licenses. Participate in regular training, including but not limited to; Lifeguard training, CPR/First Aid, AED, recurring in-service training, re-certification, and any other as deemed appropriate from management.
- Participate and facilitate (once Instructor Certification is achieved) all Lifeguard initial and re-certification training's and provide facilitation for all internal audits, in-service training's.
- Work with the Water park Supervisor to coordinate all communication related to training, SOP development and on-site unannounced audits.
- Understand the workings of the Lifeguard Portal to assist with the tracking of lifeguard information and qualifications.
- Ensure required opening and closing safety checklists are complete and signed.
- Ensure all staffing schedules, rotations, and daily duties are in place and complete.
- Set up and verify that supplies and equipment are available during operating hours and maintain as needed.
- Monitor the safety equipment inventory and ensure that all pars are at capacity.
- Communicate with the Island Management and other Lifeguard Team Members for routine communication and emergency situations as deemed necessary.
- Ensure adequate supplies are available for daily operation and confirm recreational areas are adhering to all SQM/SOP guidelines.
- Any other reasonable request by Leadership including development and training classes.
- Uphold the general safety management responsibilities in areas and operations under their control.
- Attend emergency duties / drills as assigned in the ship Emergency Management Safety Plan.
- Perform other related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by management.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Demonstrated aptitude for the financial aspects of managing departmental budgets.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personalized service including needs assessment, problem resolution and achievement of quality service standards.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in performance management.
- Ability to manage international staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work.
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary process through coaching and counseling to improve performance.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- 2 years’ experience as a supervisor, previous Lifeguard experience preferred.
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment