Head of HR
Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in CocoCay, Bahamas. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Head of Human Resources Manager is a strategic HR professional that partners with the leadership team to develop and implement human resources strategies and programs that are in line with the individual business units and organizational mission and vision.
The Head of Human Resources also serves as a strategic partner to the Island leadership team by providing human resource direction and guidance on all employee related issues. The Head of HR must have extensive knowledge in all aspects of HR including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, organizational development, learning, compensation, benefits and HR systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Understand all current and future recruitment targets and goals, including resource planning and headcount requirements.
· Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations as required.
· Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the Head of HR Private Destinations to develop solutions, programs and policies.
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
· Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
· Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
· Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
· Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
· Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
· Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs.
· Serve as a strategic partner to the multiple functional leaders on site, implementing HR business objectives that align with the overall company plans and objectives.
· Partner with the HR organization in delivering employee milestone processes including performance and compensation planning.
· Coach business leaders on performance management discussions, employee relations issues, discipline matters, and promotion / transfer / termination discussions.
· Provide compensation and benefits including payroll support, teaming with relevant stakeholders as required.
· Collaborate with the various centers of excellence (compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, Learning and Development, HRIS) in various HR projects.
· Oversee annual succession and training planning. – aligned with the corporate L&D team to achieve business goals.
· Maintain detailed and current knowledge of all local Human Resources/employee regulations and laws to ensure that the property is in compliance with the Bahamas Employment Act.
· Ensure that the highest quality onboarding experience is delivered for all employees, on a consistent basis.
· Liaise with the National Insurance Board, Labor Department and Department of Immigration on behalf of the company.
· Maintains/Conducts new employee orientation program.
· Represent the company in local employment hearings and labor law disputes with the labor department. Implement policies and programs to guarantee compliance
· Educates and supports the management team with regards to HR policies, procedures and standards including the company's performance management system, our progressive discipline procedures, as well as the change/promotions process. Partners with Department Heads to ensure consistent and fair application.
· Provides open and honest performance feedback and takes appropriate action to improve performance. Creates a climate of trust and mutual respect
· Fosters team unity and collaborates well.
· Knows our brand standards and is accountable for always executing against them; holds other accountable for delivering against the standards.
· Drives positive employee relations by ensuring compliance with collective bargaining agreements, HR policies and procedures and partnering with leaders to resolve conflicts/grievances.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics as the Compliance and Ethics Officer on site. Leads investigations into potential ethical violations and resolves accordingly.
· Uses advanced HR Information Systems to access and analyze data for reporting purposes based on business unit needs and uses relevant data to recommend solutions.
· Establishes and maintains professional relationships with government officials, port agents and other relevant business partners in The Bahamas to drive business effectiveness.
· Ensures Company Brand Standards, Safety, Environmental and other company policies and standards are consistently maintained. Makes recommendations for changes and implementation as appropriate.
Cultivates Customer First
· Is an expert on our brand standards and is accountable for executing against them and holding others accountable the same at the same time.
· Leads with Passion, Drive and Energy
· Exhibits professional leadership presence, positive energy, and passion in all situations
Knowledge and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) from an accredited university or college in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, or related field is required or 10 years senior management experience in human resources
· Minimum five years progressive experience in Human Resource Management (ideally in an international company)
· Minimum of three years in employee relations investigating, negotiating, and resolving grievances and conflicts, preferably in a multi-cultural, diverse environment
· Strong working knowledge of the Bahamas Employment Act.
· Have strong commercial and business acumen
· Ability to deliver in a matrix environment with a culture individual accountability and team performance
· Strong analytical and written communication skills
· Communicates tactfully, effectively, and confidently with staff members, guests, and department/division heads, both one on one and in larger group settings
· Strong Administrative skills and proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Must have a thorough understanding of HR best practices
· Experience of managing, coaching, and developing a team.
· Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines
· Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
· Ability to plan projects, assign priorities, resolve problems and to work without supervision.
· Excellent English reading and writing skills required
All employees must be able to communicate in the English language to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors, and co-workers
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.