About Achieve Test Prep
We believe our people empower our company and are the reason behind our success. We are the largest test prep company in the United States that specializes in credit-by-exam college degree paths.
Most working adults find it challenging to overcome the many obstacles associated with obtaining their college degree via traditional methods. Achieve offers an elearning alternative, helping our customers test out of college credits in less time and for less money through credit-by-exam programs. Essentially, Achieve helps our customers bypass all of the busywork associated with taking traditional college courses, by instead equipping them with the knowledge needed to pass a single test-out exam. While our credit-by-exam programs can shorten the path to a degree at most colleges, the field where we have the greatest impact is the nursing profession.
Engaging and developing our people is one of the keys to our success at Achieve! Embracing a work-from-home model for all our global teams, you will join a collaborative culture with flexible work schedules that enable a better work-life balance.
About the role
Achieve is hiring a Lead Software Developer to join our growing global team. The focus will be building our next generation of eLearning digital experiences. The role will report to the SVP, Product & Customer Experience and serve as a technical leader, setting the vision for a scalable technology stack and software architecture. This role requires hands-on engagement, and is ultimately responsible for driving implementation forward.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or higher or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- Experience working in a distributed Cloud-based environment with AWS technologies such as S3, ECS, EC2, Lambda, ALB, Route53, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience engineering efficient, adaptable and scalable architecture for all stages of data lifecycle (ingest, streaming, structured and unstructured storage, search, aggregation) in support of a variety of data applications.
- Experience with CDN, Caching technologies
- DevOps mentality with CD/CI and following code through production operation and troubleshooting issues during and following releases
- A track record of solving problems and getting things done in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
- Ability to delegate work and mentor the development team and hold team members accountable to quality standards, ensuring that the needs of the business are met, and a high-quality user experience is delivered.
- Experience providing technical leadership to a team of developers including providing daily guidance, setting coding standards, and reviewing code required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with business and technical teammates
- Present complex ideas, anticipate potential objections, and persuade others to consider your point of view
- Ability to create and execute practical and simple solutions
- A attitude with empathy and understanding and collaborate with others
- Experience developing Salesforce, Moodle (or similar LMS) is a plus
- 2 years of minimum commitment, including training and personal cultivation
- Must be able to write and speak English
Type: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Schedule: Within EST business hours, Monday-Friday
Remote: 100% Online/Remote