APD Limited, the owners and operators of the Nassau Container Port seeks to fill the position of:
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
Our vision is to consistently deliver operational excellence and our mission is “Operational Excellence to Maximize value through people development and technology”. We strive to build a dynamic workforce and therefore seek qualified candidates irrespective of their gender.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generates invoices to port customers/tenants based on data provided from terminal operating system, reflecting services provided based on the established tariff. Ensures that all special charges for non-standard services are reflected in invoicing.
- Distributes invoices to customers /tenants either by standard mail delivery, or by electronic mail, as directed by the customer.
- Receives checks or wire transfers from customers / tenants. Applies payments to customer accounts. If discrepancies arise, calls customer / tenant to clarify the discrepancy and to determine proper application. In cases of short payments of over payments, contacts supervisor for assistance.
- Maintains all AR files and ensures that files are purged in accordance with the established record retention schedule.
- Prepares overdue or AR aging reports. Follows up on customers who have accounts that are past due. May make phone calls, or may send a follow up email reminder.
- Issues credits as required to adjust customer / tenant accounts for over payments of over charges.
- Reconciles all customer accounts.
- Creates the daily bank deposit and takes deposit to the bank as required. Posts deposit information into the system.
Educational Background & Experience:
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge and experience of bookkeeping principles
- Knowledge and experience of accounts receivable principles
- Computer skills in the use of accounting software and MS Office Suite
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and business communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Skills in mathematics
- Skills in running reports
- Associate degree in Accounting preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in accounts receivable preferred
Salary and benefits are competitive
Please submit your resume only if you meet or surpass the above criteria to:
Only suitable candidates will be contacted
No phone calls will be accepted