Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
• Identify training and development requirements for new and existing employees with Private Destinations Leadership and the Learning & Development Department based on performance gaps, career paths, management consultation, and corporate strategy.
• Assist with the creation of the training matrix by position for both islands with the Private Destinations Leadership and the Learning & Development Department.
• Document and maintain training matrix in employee database (i.e. E1).
• In collaboration with functional trainers, prepare monthly training schedule and communicate accurately to all island employees.
• Develop training budget with the Human Resources Manager.
• Seek to learn new training trends, developments, and best practices in order to share ideas with stakeholders.
• Plan and facilitate corporate training sessions in accordance with company guidelines and along with any other compliance training pertaining to HR Policies and / or procedures as delegated by the Human Resources Manager.
• Facilitate corporate training sessions in accordance with company guidelines and as delegated by the Human Resources Manager.
• Responsible for the New Hire and Rejoining Crew Orientation and delegates facilitation to HR Team and other Island Leaders.
• Create and execute customized learning sessions that address identified business, performance, and behavioral gaps.
• Support technical island-based training and development functions.
• First point of contact and Ambassador of our corporate culture and values.
• Drive brand values and philosophy through all training and development activities.
• Observe training in practice every Call Day and provide feedback to Division and Department Heads.
• Maintain expert level knowledge of the training resources and ensure tools are used to meet training needs.
• Partner with Learning and Development Consultant to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the Train the Trainer programs.
• Attend divisional meetings and follows up with supervisors on a regular basis to confirm they are putting into practice what they have learned in the Train the Trainer program.
• Conduct Train the Trainer and Getting Started as a New Leader sessions with island instructors and provides ongoing feedback to improve effectiveness of training methods and delivery.
• Follow up with supervisors to confirm they are implementing Train the Trainer practices.
• Support departmental training by assisting Private Destinations Leaders with developing training manuals and collateral.
• Responsible for maintaining updated training records, preparing and communicating monthly training calendar, and monthly reports for shoreside L&D Team.
• Support and ensure the update and maintenance of training records and the Company’s training tracking database to adhere to compliance standards and company and regulatory training requirements.
• Assist the Human Resources Team in the crew sign on/ off process and other administrative tasks.
• Provide career-related services (CV writing and interviewing skill). • Partner with the HR Manager to execute the career pipeline process.
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited university or college in Learning & Development, Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology or related field is required.
• Minimum 3-years of experience as an HR professional specializing in Learning and Organizational Development in industry leading hotel group, cruise line, amusement park, or corporate organization.
• Experience in applying adult learning principles and consulting, coaching, mentoring, and training techniques.
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships, partner with leaders at all levels, relate with diverse groups of people and act with diplomacy and tact.
• Exhibits passion for constant learning and demonstrates an eagerness to share that passion with others.
• Ability to understand and convey business priorities and use compelling arguments to gain support and commitment.
• Self-motivated and possesses superior time management and organization skills.
• Critical thinker with innovative problem solving skills.
• Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Office and related business and communication tools.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strategic and creative mindset.
• Meticulous attention to detail.