Job Title: Financial Controller
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the accounting and financial activities of the Credit Union. The applicant should be sufficiently qualified to ensure that these activities are done in accordance with International Accounting Standards and The Bahamas Co-operative Credit Union Act, 2015.
- Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions.
- Oversees daily operations of the Accounts department.
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies.
- Monitor and prepare detail analysis of the monthly operating results against budget.
- Prepare monthly internal and regulatory statistical reports
- Assist in developing financial benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of the organization.
- Coordinate all activities relating to a timely completion of the yearend external audit.
A CPA or equivalent professional designation with five years managerial experience in a credit union or other financial institution.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative and enthusiasm.
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication and research skills.
- Dedicated to meeting deadlines.
- Must be detailed oriented and prepared to work long hours when necessary .
- Must be computer literate and proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel).
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, while using discretion in making sound judgement in problem solving.