Dec 29, 2021
Remote (Work from Home) Jobs
Remote (Work from Home)
Remote Job/Work from home
Job / Advertisement Description
GT School believes gifted and talented students have massive potential that is suppressed because they’re not challenged in school. The lack of challenge leads to boredom and disengagement. We’re here to change that. GT School:
- Unlocks the potential of each student by providing personal coaching to help them set, achieve, and be inspired by aggressive goals.
- Teaches GTKids to own their achievement and learn to learn.
- Develops strong habits because GTKids’ learning is exciting and challenging, pushing them toward mastery-based learning, not simple repetition or regurgitation.
- Builds community by allowing students to connect in small, online forums centered around shared interests and hobbies.
All of this allows GTKids to learn at 5x their previous rate. Best of all, the positive impacts on their mental health, self-confidence, and life habits are immeasurable!
GT School is an early-stage startup looking for a disciplined operations professional to bring order to chaos and build a sustainable, scalable structure. You must love education innovation and be frustrated by the lack of application of research (Bloom’s Two Sigma, spaced repetition, etc.) and software advancements in the US education system. You were either a gifted and talented kid yourself or you’re raising that kid now, and you’re frustrated by how the education system doesn’t work for them.
If you’re a “doer” who has a fire to get things done, apply your skills to a startup that is changing kids’ lives.
What you will be doing
- Creating action plans to solve existing and emergent problems
- Outlining the necessary tasks at an executable level
- Completing the actions to deliver the plan
What you will NOT be doing
- Creating timelines and project plans but failing to execute them
- Designing the product
- Handling mergers, acquisitions, or integrations
- While the rest of the team focuses on creating the product and community, you have to pragmatically build the operations, push the team to ship, build a system to manage the parents, and figure out how to turn our passion into a financially viable company.
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Experience at 1 or more early-stage tech or B2C startups
- A passion for educational innovation