The Technical Communicator will act as the principle internal contact for equipment manufacturers in resolving service/repair problems. Provide written service/repair information from manufacturer, research technical service information when unavailable to service technicians from existing resources. He or she will support the Product Support Manager.
- To open work orders, process warranty claims and follow up on the completion of warranty jobs.
- To provide technical support to technicians and customers.
- To serve as technical liaison between the company and the factory and product support representatives.
- To compile, analyze and communicate with the factory product health problems that may affect the machine or generator sets population in the territories served by the company.
- To learn and provide training on key technical topics related to the products that we serve.
- To implement product support initiatives for continuous improvement. These initiatives include but are not limited to: Contamination Control, Facility, Shop Equipment, and Vehicle Maintenance, Remote Asset Monitoring, Customer Support Agreements, Safety, Tool Management, etc.
- To provide feedback to management as required.
- To seek and voice improvement opportunities that arise from the daily work experience.
- To manage the company's tools and assets made available to him or her as well as his or her team, pursuant to their preservation, maintenance and proper operation.
- To manage the documents' file in charge.
- To be up to date on all the legal rules that apply to the responsibilities assigned to his office.
- All those functions inherent to the position held.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Analytical/Critical Thinking Skills
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision
- Excellent electrical-mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to accurately define and document technical matters
- Able to learn and apply new knowledge
- Able to interact with customers on a professional level
- Must be able to stay organized, prioritize problems and develop action plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Qualifications, Certifications & Experience:
- Associate Degree in Management/operations, Mechanical maintenance, Electrical engineering
- Two (2) years of experience working in a similar position
- Working knowledge of Computer operating system Windows OS, Microsoft Office (Emphasis on Excel), Web browsing
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org