Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo.
Why You Should Join the Marketing Team
The marketing team is special — a collection of powerful misfits, passionate doers, creative strategists and insatiable dreamers. We’re looking for people nothing like us to make our diverse group even more diverse and broaden our collective thought.
Our customers aren’t simply special. To us, they are our lifeblood. They are entrepreneurs. Parents. Providers. They put their livelihood on the line every day to make their dreams come true. Our customers are inspired and inspiring. We have helped over 75,000 of them grow and yet we have millions more people to serve and work to do to get there.
We want someone who will help us shape the future of our product, market, and business as a Senior Product Marketing Manager. This critical role will be instrumental to the growth of our team. If you want the opportunity to shape the business that helps entrepreneurs and marketers all over the world grow and fulfill their dreams, this job is for you.
How You Will Make a Difference
- You’ll own the development and execution of the go-to-market strategy for one of our products or audience segments, collaborating with teams across the company to build and launch a differentiated solution for that market
- You’ll own the messaging and positioning for your product or audience — and build out personas and user journeys — all informed by interviews you’ll do with customers to become an expert in that space
- You’ll partner closely with:
- The product team, to shape the roadmap and launch new features/international markets
- The sales team, owning the strategy for (and execution of) sales enablement assets and competitive insights, and providing support on large deals
- The partnerships and ecosystem marketing teams, identifying ways to leverage our strong network of partners to amplify awareness and acquisition
- The customer success team, on initiatives to help our customers get up and running and find as much success as possible
- Our other marketing teams, to develop thought leadership content and customer case studies, support acquisition and awareness campaigns, and uncover insights through research
Who You Are
- An experienced product marketer with tons of experience creating messaging and positioning, developing go-to-market strategies, and leading product launches of all sizes (with a playbook that you can execute in your sleep)
- Strategic and adaptable, able to prioritize effectively among many competing high-impact opportunities
- A storyteller, whose exceptional internal and external communications inspire people and compel them to join your cause
- A confident and collaborative teammate who enjoys working closely with other marketing teams, product teams, sales teams, and customer success teams, and who is adept at influencing without authority
- A deeply empathetic person, who always starts with our customer and works backwards
- Scrappy and curious, always questioning the standard way of doing things and finding ways to do it better
- A driven achiever who is exceptionally goal-oriented, steady, and uncompromising on quality; who can juggle several ongoing projects with multiple stakeholders while staying organized and calm
- A mentor, who can advise and eventually manage more junior product marketers
What Your Work Will Look Like
- You’ll report to the Director of Product Marketing
- You’ll work cross-functionally with senior leaders and teammates across every team in the company
- You’ll become a trusted spokesperson in the Klaviyo and eCommerce community
- You’ll solidify your expertise in strategic product marketing for a successful hyper-growth startup
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.