Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo.
Klaviyo is a technology company that combines customer data and marketing software. We help businesses of every size — from entrepreneurs to iconic brands — deliver amazing experiences across email and other owned channels. We thrive on solving challenging problems and our mission is to empower creators to own their destiny. We’re looking for a Director of Product Design to help us drive even more progress through their leadership, insight, and vision for the product.
The Director of Product Design is a catalyst for innovation, creativity, and convergence, with a knack for tackling even the most complex challenges. They play a key role in defining Klaviyo’s design vision while driving team progress, business results, and excellent customer experiences. As a champion of collaboration, they deliver both measurable and intangible value while steering major decisions on products and solutions. Throughout the company, their design leadership is a constant source of guidance and inspiration.
Klaviyo Design Elsewhere:
Design Blog 📗
Design Podcast 🎙️
What you’ll do in this role:
- Active in company-wide initiatives and identifying new ways to drive increased value and appreciation for design both internally and externally
- Build and manage a talented, diverse, inclusive team of product designers and leaders that consistently delivers on projects and is well-balanced across a range of design skill sets.
- Lead and empower designers by guiding effective cross-functional collaboration, helping to shape outcomes and execute on the product roadmap
- Foster highly collaborative working relationships between the design team and members of product, engineering, and marketing teams to deliver a seamless, unified experience to our customers
- Communicate progress and key updates with other teams, partners, and leadership on a regular basis
- Guide productive outcomes and consensus across teams
- Propose and implement process improvements
- Write, review, and approve product and strategy proposals
- Grow the team by attracting talented designers
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of proven experience in designing and building user-facing digital products at scale
- 5+ years of leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and mentorship
- A portfolio that demonstrates a relentless focus on the user, a keen eye for detail, and an understanding of how to measure success from a business and customer perspective.
- Demonstrated history of driving impact through UX solutions to meet key company OKRs and business metrics
- Reliable self-starter who can provide direction to teams and designers at a 40,000 ft. level and at a pixel-level (whichever is most needed in the moment)
- A hands-on leader with the ability to take ownership and work collaboratively in leading multiple work streams and design initiatives
- A track record of championing what’s best for the user while balancing the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate a design vision to any audience within the organization
- The ability to provide clear, objective feedback that raises the bar for the product and team
- Dedication to building an atmosphere of teamwork and mutual respect
- Experience shipping highly visible work in a mass market
- A background in developing designs that have materially strengthened a business
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.