The Island Ice Production Specialist is responsible for preparing, supporting, and servicing all F&B Venues. This role ensures full island preparedness before a ship call day, including harvesting ice as well as fully stocking the Venues and iceboxes for each Call Day. The Island Ice Production Specialist is also responsible for supporting bar and service operations as directed by the Food Safety Officer.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed following Royal Caribbean International’s Brand Standards, the Royal Way philosophy, Company policies, and SOPs, Public Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental Guidelines.
This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Island team member occupying this position. All Team Members may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. The nature of this job will require daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Harvests ice machines and walk-in freezers boxes according to schedule defined by Food Safety Officer.
• Drives the company ice vehicle for ice distribution. Ensures vehicle is deemed safe, tested, well maintained, cleaned, and sanitized.
• Distributes and stocks ice boxes around island for every Call Day.
• Completes and keeps record of opening and closing procedures.
• Maintains an accurate count of ice inventory and completes temperature logs.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the Ice Room and Service Areas and follows proper washing and sanitation of work areas, equipment, etc.
• Washes worktables, walls, equipment, and all related surfaces and counters according to standards.
• Sanitize iceboxes around the island daily.
• Complete Daily sanitization protocols, logs for all ice machines and ice boxes.
• Always utilizes proper USPH sanitation procedures.
• Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
• Supports the beverage and service operation when required.
• Knows and practices the companies recycling and reusing procedures including safe equipment handling and garbage separation.
• Ensures an adequate supply of equipment is always on hand.
• Reports all damage to equipment immediately.
• Attends meetings, training activities, courses, and all other work-related activities, as required.
• Acknowledges and greets guests, visitors, and team members in public spaces with a warm, friendly greeting.
• Ensures personal appearance, personal hygiene, and uniform appearance are always in accordance with Company Policy. Maintains a safe and sanitary environment for guests and fellow team members.
• Maintains all ice vehicles in good condition.
• Maintains all ice equipment in good condition with support of Technical team
• Ensures timely schedule of preventive maintenance with support of Technical team.
• High School Diploma or equivalent vocational training.
• Minimum one (1) year of experience in customer contact positions within the hospitality industry.
• Minimum one (1) year of experience taking inventory and maintaining records.
• Driving license is a must.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent English reading and writing skills are required to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from stakeholders.
• While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to touch, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, or hear, and taste or smell.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal, and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency. The team member must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
• Island outdoor environment where high temperature, precipitation, and humid temperatures are experienced.