The Ice Production Attendant is responsible for preparing and delivering ice to Destination venues and bars. This position assists the Food Safety Officer to ensure ice production meets all Public Health regulations. The Ice Production Attendant executes ice production demand on a daily basis and ensures timely deliveries to the venues.
All duties and responsibilities are performed following Royal Caribbean International’s Brand Standards, the Royal Way philosophy, Company policies, and SOPs, Public Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental Guidelines. This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the Destination Team Member occupying this position.
All Team Members may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their Supervisor or Management. The nature of this job requires daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborates with F&B Team and reviews the day’s ice production requirement for the daily operation.
• Supports operation to ensure speed and efficiency of ice delivery service.
• Participates in all on-the-job training to learn food safety.
• Follows opening and closing procedures during call days and non-ship days.
• Checks freezer temperature and maintains records. Reports any discrepancies to Food Safety Officer.
• Cleans and sanitizes ice machine and maintains weekly logs.
• Cleans and sanitizes ice boxes around the Destination following Public Health procedures.
• Double checks iceboxes during the service and reports any inconsistencies to Food Safety Officer.
• Maintains overall housekeeping in the Main Ice Room to ensure health and safety.
• Delivers ice to designated venues and bars using the designated vehicle. Follows ‘Driving with Safety’ SOP at all times to ensure safety on the Destination for Team Members, Shipboard Crew, and Guests.
• Follows Public Health standards, ice storage, and ice temperature compliance.
• Maintains an orderly and clean work area and a service vehicle.
• Participates in training and meetings. Adheres to a Company confidentiality agreement.
• Follows the Destination’s grooming standards. Ensures personal appearance, hygiene, and uniform appearance are always in accordance with Company policy. Maintains a safe and sanitary environment for Guests and the Team.
• Acknowledges and greets Guests, Visitors, and Team Members in public spaces with a warm, friendly greeting.
• Takes care of departmental equipment and maintains the inventory.
• Maintains condition of service vehicle. Ensures the vehicle receives timely preventative maintenance according to its PPM schedule with the support of the Technical Team.
• Reports any ice production equipment malfunction or failure in order to prevent downtime and increase the asset’s lifecycle.
• A High School Diploma is required.
• One (1) year of experience in F&B in a 4–5-star hotel restaurant, cruise ship, or high-volume food service facility.
• Driving license is a must.
• Knowledge of Food Handling Procedures, Food Safety, and Public Health standards.
• Ability to resolve problems and work without supervision.
• Good interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of Management and Team Members.
• Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse international environment.
• Ability to maintain focus, work with strict deadlines, multitask, and be flexible and adaptable.
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly, and cordially with Guests, Team Members, Contractors, and Vendors.
• Ability to read and write English, to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from Guests.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste and smell. The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• All Destination Team Members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal, and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
• Destination outdoor environment where high temperature, precipitation, and humid temperatures are experienced.
• While performing the duties, the Team Member is required to work outdoors in extremely humid and hot conditions for an extended time, walking on sand and uneven surfaces.