The Customs Operations Agent must be familiar with the local customs law and regulations. This position assists Customs Specialist to communicate with customs and immigration officers to obtain the necessary information for customs clearance and delivery of shipments. The team member maintains integrity and follows compliance as established in the Company’s policies and procedures, Labor Law, and statutory obligations required by the country.
This role is responsible to facilitate transactional support for imports and exports. The Customs Agent works closely with the Leadership team and local customs authorities. All duties and responsibilities are performed following Royal Caribbean International’s Brand Standards, the Royal Way philosophy, Company policies, and SOPs, Public Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental Guidelines.
This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the team member occupying this position. All team members may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. The nature of this job requires daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists to ensure full compliance and timely clearance for import transactions, including the issuance of clearance instructions, monitoring, record keeping, and auditing.
• Assists to ensure full compliance for export transactions, including the review of export documentation, execution of export license determination, issuance of shipper’s letter of instruction, filing of electronic export information, and record retention.
• Assists with Customs Duties Expense Report, the Landing Goods Report, and the input of the ships arrival report.
• Assists with submitting the C19 Form (Expedite Declaration into Click2Clear).
• Ensures the total amount on the C19 Forms submitted from the ship are correct.
• Assists with clearance of the operation on a ship call day and with clearance of packages by air or sea.
• Processes all import and export documentation on time and ensures accuracy. Submits invoices for payment on time.
• Produces a variety of reports and maintains departmental logs. • Coordinates transportation and storage of goods.
• Maintains procedures and working instructions relevant to the import and export processes.
• Stays up to date on changes in import or export laws or regulations.
• Interfaces with customs agents, brokers, port agents, suppliers, and service providers to ensure consistency with defined import and export processes.
• Communicates changes in import and export regulations with the Leadership team.
• Participates in trainings and meetings. Adheres to a company confidentiality agreement.
• Follows the destinations grooming standards and ensures the team follows the standards.
• Acknowledges and greets guests, visitors, and team members in public spaces with a warm, friendly greeting.
• Manages work schedules to meet the needs of the operation and efficiently managing any additional workload requirements. Keeps records of hours worked. Ability to work shifts.
• Maintains the continuous updating of clear and concise handover notes to eliminate any possible miscommunication that compromises the efficiency of set processes.
• Ensures timely communication with internal and external stakeholders on import and export to avoid penalty fees.
• Analyzes and manages various reconciliation invoices and reports.
• A High Education Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a similar position.
• Strong administrative skills and working knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), etc.
• Knowledge of customs brokerage policies and regulations of the resident country.
• Ability to plan projects, assign priorities, resolve problems, and work without supervision.
• Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse international team environment.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work with different level team members.
• Ability to maintain focus, work with strict deadlines, multitask and be flexible and adaptable.
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly, and cordially with guests, team members, contractors, and vendors.
• Ability to read and write English, to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, managers, and team members.
• While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste and smell. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• All destination team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal, and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
• Destination outdoor environment where high temperature, precipitation, and humid temperatures are experienced