Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
As a member of the Calm UX Research team you will get to work on exciting research projects in a quickly growing space, using a range of methodologies based on questions and product needs. Your work and insights will directly impact the health and happiness of millions of people world-wide.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for someone to uncover the behaviors and motivations of our customers, by developing informed narratives to supplement data we collect. You will validate potential new experiences for existing Calm customers through different research initiatives.
- You will get to investigate and regularly observe potential new Calm users, and determine how we can better improve their journey across key touchpoints.
- You will balance handling large-scale qualitative research initiatives as well as empower product teams to conduct their own research that is informed by research’s strategy and guidance.
- Your goal will be to build strong and validated insights that inform Product and Executive teams where best to invest product development efforts that will improve the experience for customers as well as the success of the business.
- Work in an embedded model with our B2B teams, helping understand the unique needs of their customers.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and recap research sessions with existing users as well as potential new users. Synthesize and develop artifacts (reports, presentations, persona profiles) to be utilized while working with product and engineering teams to prioritize new offerings or improvements to existing functionality
- Build a close relationship with our Data, Community, and Account Management teams. You will be able to leverage knowledge through these partners and help elevate patterns and problems to product stakeholders.
- Derive learnings from large-impact experiments about why they were or weren’t successful, being the bookends on major product initiatives by having continual communication with users through various channels.
- Balance being able to work autonomously while also being able to contribute to and uplevel the rest of the UX Research team and your Product partners.
- Develop a deep understanding of Calm subscribers and enhance their user experience based on insights
- Help further integrate user research into the Calm culture
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of working as a UX Researcher in a digital product organization.
- Highly autonomous by nature, with willingness and eagerness to collaborate.
- Effectively communicate learnings from research initiatives beyond your product partners, upwardly to the executive teams and across the company.
- Contribute to and provide feedback on sequencing, cost of investment, and impact of projects.
- Self-Starter and ability to conceptualize a project including the research and considerations needed while prioritizing the work that addresses core areas of improving customer satisfaction and business goals.
- Work hard at working smart. Being able to strategically improve how you work with intention, not just more hours or at a faster pace.
- Comfortable with a variety of research methodologies, and knowing what to implement to being the right insights forward.
- Being able to envision what the future could hold and being energized by those possibilities.
Nice To Have:
- Previous experience working on products with multi-sided customer offerings
- Previous experience working on products in the health and wellness space or EAP services