Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
We are researchers who are passionate about leveraging science to improve mental health and help people live a happier and healthier lifestyle. We are dedicated to enhancing scientific knowledge while contributing to the evidence-base for Calm. We use the literature and our own scientific evidence to contribute to work across Calm’s teams (e.g., marketing, content, product, B2B) ensuring evidence-based strategies are implemented across the company. We are driven, team players who love our jobs.
Check out our blog at calm.com/science to learn more!
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Director of Science, Calm’s internal Science team, the Scientific Advisory Board and external collaborators to develop and implement research studies in alignment with scientific strategy.
- Develop study reports, scientific abstracts, peer-reviewed manuscripts, and grant proposals.
- Help integrate science across Calm teams (e.g., content, product, marketing) through written communication and presentations.
- Work in collaboration with the B2B team to support marketing with Science. This includes interpreting and presenting data that can be applied to B2B setting.
- Attends regularly scheduled and ad-hoc meetings as requested.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- PhD with 3+ years experience in research related to public health, population health, behavior research, and/or digital/mobile health industry or related field.
- Clear, strong research agenda that is related to Calm’s mission and vision and will advance science as well as provide evidence for the company.
- Effective communication with scientific investigators and Calm teams about study design, development, implementation, results and implications.
- Strong publication track record in well-established journals
- Experience collaborating with behavior science teams in successfully obtaining small to large research grant funding from federal sources (e.g., NIH, NSR, AHRQ).
- Ability to conduct data analysis and interpret findings.
Nice to have:
- Experience conducting research at an organizational level.
- Very strong data analysis skills (but not a biostatistician)
- Experience with a funded NIH grant (post doc, Co-I, consultant, PI)
- Consistent NIH grant submissions
- Experience networking and engaging with industry to conduct science.
- A thorough understanding of writing for the lay public and scientific audiences
- A desire to grow research agenda related to Calm