BRYTER is an all-remote organization, that started in Germany, but is now spread all over Europe and right now expanding into the US.
We enable business experts to build and distribute powerful applications. Our software is intuitive and simple enough for non-IT experts to understand within minutes, yet powerful enough and enterprise-ready for industries with complex reasoning and demanding use cases. We especially cater to experts in law, finance, tax and compliance by helping them automate and standardize decision making.
About this role
It has been an incredible journey: 2,5 years, 120 people from 16 different countries, all-remote from day 1. But it is just one step on a long and infinite journey – every day we need to get better, we need to question how we work, how we relate to each other, how we can create more value for our customers.
As our VP People, we will look to you for fostering our culture, helping us overcome challenges that come with rapid scaling, and building and leading a human-centered global People team.
In this role, you will work closely with our founders to lead initiatives across the organization including, but not limited to, talent acquisition, talent programs, engagement and retention, career development, compensation and benefits, employee experience and remote work strategy.
- Lead all aspects of a human-centred People & Culture strategy and initiatives that support our long-term vision.
- Lead, inspire and develop our People team.
- Advocate our Culture, enable strong connections and open lines of communication within the team and maintain trust and communication across the organization.
- Host our culture council – a sounding board including our founders and senior leadership to discuss strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Lead the development of a talent philosophy for the company, including what we value, what we measure and a consistent process for how we assess, deploy, monitor and retain talent.
- Shape the People Operations function and ensure an outstanding experience throughout the employee journey.
- Develop and manage scalable HR policies and procedures that shape the employee lifecycle and work as a strategic partner to our legal counsel on compliance training and risk management strategies.
- Understand the global landscape of employees that BRYTER has ensuring we offer cohesive benefits and perks that support local laws, regulations, and cultural preferences.
- Determine and report on appropriate metrics, success criteria, and methods to evaluate the ongoing success of the People team and initiatives.
- Act as a strategic partner to leadership across all areas.
- Lead the learning and development function with a focus on improving effectiveness as well as career development and the employee experience overall.
- Bring an analytical mindset and leverage our tools to drive data-decision planning and decisions for People & Culture.
What we are looking for
- An experienced People leader who has owned a broad range of functions in high-growth environments.
- Understanding and experience working across all People areas – culture, employee experience, talent acquisition, compensation & benefits, L&D, DEI, operations.
- Empathy, great communication skills and a high degree of self-reflection combined with the desire to care for people.
- A track record of success in fast-paced, growth-stage companies is ideal. Experience from a larger-scale organization is a must.
- Understanding and appreciation for cultural differences and diversity.
- Solid general business skills, including analytical and project management skills, comfortable with managing budgets and monitoring business results globally.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create, communicate and direct a team to achieve the company’s vision.
- Ability to juggle priorities without breaking a sweat and to remain efficient and extremely organized while handling a high volume of work.
- Highly disciplined and organized, both operationally and in thought process.
- Ideally, experience working in an all-remote company.
- Optimize strategies to develop and maintain increased capabilities and a high-performance culture.
- Global mindset – ability to adapt to various people and cultures with a cohesive view in mind
- Experience with HRIS, survey, analytics, compensation tools.