As a team, Status is completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 85+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to work on the Status Mobile and Desktop applications. You’ll have expertise in communicating complicated technology topics in clear, concise ways. You will produce technical articles, tutorials, and educational content for marketing purposes as well as work closely with our development team to build our documentation.
What we ask from you
- Create and maintain general documentation standards.
- Create process documentation that clearly and efficiently communicates concepts, ideas, and instructions.
- Work with our development teams to gain an in-depth understanding of the product/project and related specifics on the documentation requirements.
- Write technical blog posts for promoting the Status Mobile App and Desktop App to the community.
What you bring
- Passion about blockchain technology and decentralisation.
- Deep, relevant experience in technical writing.
- Ability to quickly understand complex technical concepts and make them understandable through documentation.
- Strong organizational skills, structured thinking.
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking, predominantly in English).
- Experience working for a blockchain or crypto organisation in a Technical Writing role.
Something about us
We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with a strict hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organisation's priorities.
- We are Remote and Decentralized.
- We are 85+ employees spread across 30+ different countries
- We are driven by shared principles and believe in complete transparency. That's why everything we do is completely public to the entire community. You can view our development, Town Halls, and conversations.