At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 2,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
Our most recent fundraise was $63M in Series C to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a strategic, process-driven, and collaborative Senior Marketing Operations Manager to join our team, on a mission to reach many more millions of developers and build a better web. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing startup and build our marketing operations function. You’ll do this through leveraging your domain expertise to monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and developing scalable processes to do so.
This is a high visibility role that requires strong collaboration skills, creativity, and domain expertise to make a significant impact.
What You'll Bring:
- Optimize, maintain and report on core lead flow processes within HubSpot and other systems, from top of funnel lead collection through the enterprise pipeline.
- Work with sales ops and data engineering teams to integrate technologies to achieve consistency in business processes and data management.
- Identify, design, and execute scalable processes that enable marketers to more effectively build, run and track campaigns (paid advertising, emails, nurture streams, events, webinars, etc.).
- Partner with Sales Operations to establish best practices across marketing operations disciplines including managing lead flow, lead scoring, lead management, CRM management, compliance, segmentation, field mapping, and data enrichment.
- Develop and maintain metrics reports and dashboards on marketing and sales activities, helping understand effectiveness and impact against company goals.
- Own and manage the technical aspects of our marketing tech stack, including marketing automation, ABM platform, and systems infrastructure used to generate, distribute, and report on leads.
- Evaluate new platforms and technologies to improve marketing and sales performance.
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of Marketing Operations experience, ideally for a SaaS/PaaS business
- Collaborative: You can work effectively across marketing, sales, and technical stakeholders to execute on your vision.
- Growth mindset: Passion for learning and experimentation; you're up to date on the latest trends and best practices in the marketing operations space.
- Analytical: You know what to measure, how to measure, and distill data into insights to enable marketing and sales teams.
- Technical proficiency: Deep understanding of the marketing technology ecosystem with hands on and administrative experience with tools such as Hubspot, Marketo, Salesforce, Google Analytics, etc. and know how to integrate these systems with other technologies.
- Systems thinker: You think beyond the short-term tactics and one-off projects to how we can build processes and programs that scale.
- Collaborative: You build strong relationships across teams by listening and following through on your commitments. You understand we can go further, together, if everyone is working toward the same goal. You have the ability to articulate strategy, empower, and partner closely with cross-functional teams, being able to artfully manage stakeholder expectations and navigate through competing priorities.
- Thoughtful: You understand how to balance driving business results with a customer first mindset, being considerate of the community and trust we’ve built with our users.
Within 1 month, you'll:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our existing marketing technology stack.
- Field requests related to marketing campaign execution.
- Meet key stakeholders across the company to understand current needs and identify opportunities for improvement.
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Make recommendations and begin implementing changes to systems, processes, and technologies that will enable marketers to be most effective.
- Develop and champion consistency across key performance indicators and metrics.
- Streamline analytics reporting to help surface the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Develop a system to effectively field operational requests and automate processes where necessary.
Within 6 months, you'll:
- Implement technology solutions and measurement methodologies that have a material impact on driving revenue from marketing campaigns.
- Have a material impact on driving topline revenue by providing strategic recommendations on marketing investments.
- Develop a long term vision for Netlify's marketing operation function to support ever growing scale.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.