At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 2,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
Our most recent fundraise was $63M in Series C to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp.
We are seeking a strategic, data-driven and collaborative Senior Growth Marketing Manager, Web Strategy to join our team, on a mission to reach many more millions of developers and build a better web. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our newly established growth marketing team, developing a cohesive web strategy that drives success metrics for Netlify.com. You’ll do this through developing scalable processes and closely partnering with cross-functional teams to execute against business goals.
This is a high visibility role that requires strong collaboration skills, creativity, and domain expertise to make a significant impact at a fast growing startup.
What you’ll do:
- Drive overall vision for Netlify.com, defining, delivering, and owning objectives and key results.
- Leverage your breadth of experience to drive growth across Netlify’s self-serve and enterprise business in partnership with the content, SEO, paid marketing, and product marketing teams.
- Utilize strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to develop and execute a conversion rate optimization strategy.
- Manage an experiment roadmap to drive performance and distill experiment results into valuable insights.
- Partner closely with our web project manager to execute on your vision and influence the web roadmap, working with stakeholders across the organization to understand their goals, conduct an assessment of business impact, and prioritize accordingly.
- Maintain a pulse on web activity by creating reporting benchmarks and dashboards, build in-depth reports on site performance, and effectively communicate insights and recommendations.
- Understand web architecture and make recommendations on improvements to optimize for both the user experience and performance.
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of Web Strategy experience working with a high traffic and complex website.
- Breadth: You have hands-on experience in various disciplines of growth marketing (SEO, paid advertising, demand generation campaigns, product marketing, brand, content, etc.)
- Growth mindset: Passion for learning and experimentation; it’s OK when your hypothesis is proven wrong because you may learn even more than you expected.
- Analytical: You know what to measure, how to measure, and distill data into insights from experiments. Strong data-driven approach and tenacity for problem solving.
- Technical proficiency: Ability to articulate website architecture requirements, writing functional specs and setting standards for site health and page performance. Fluency with web management platforms and testing suites such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Search Console, Optimizely, UserTesting, Schema, ahrefs, and SEMRush.
- Systems thinker: You think beyond the short-term tactics and one-off projects to how we can build processes and programs that scale.
- Collaborative: You build strong relationships across teams by listening and following through on your commitments. You understand we can go further, together, if everyone is working toward the same goal. You have the ability to articulate strategy, empower, and partner closely with cross-functional teams, being able to artfully manage stakeholder expectations and navigate through competing priorities.
- Thoughtful: You understand how to balance driving business results with a customer first mindset, being considerate of the community and trust we’ve built with our users.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.