At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 2,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
Our most recent fundraise was $63M in Series C to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp.
About the Opportunity:
Netlify is looking for its first Senior Financial Analyst to join our Strategic Finance team to help streamline and automate corporate reporting, implement and maintain a financial planning tool (Adaptive Insights, Anaplan, etc.), and conduct industry benchmarking. There will also be opportunities to take on business partnership responsibilities supporting the G&A org. Additionally, this role will help manage the core 3-statement operating model for Netlify and drive company level cost efficiency and ROI analysis.
This is a high impact role, with deliverables used by senior leadership, our board of directors and prospective investors to drive financial and investment decisions.
What is my role?
- Work closely with the Strategic Finance Manager to maintain our corporate model and level up corporate reporting
- Support in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of a financial planning software (Adaptive Insights, Anaplan, Planful, etc.)
- Lead forecasting of balance sheet and cash flow, with detailed accrual schedules to improve cash flow timing
- Develop benchmark analysis against public companies
- Implement ROI and capital efficiency metrics
- Maintain headcount and software expense forecasting
- Opportunity to grow into business partnership responsibilities supporting G&A leadership
- Develop budget tracking reports for department leadership
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years of experience with a mix of investment banking and PE/VC and high-growth SaaS experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial modeling
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Advanced MS Excel/Google Sheets skills and experience working with large datasets
- Strong critical thinking skills and a problem solving mindset
- Ability to developing financial frameworks to answer abstract business questions
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and attention to detail
- A mind for process development and process automation
- SQL experience or high willingness to learn
- Corporate FP&A experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA
Within 1 month, you'll:
- Meet the finance team and business partners, and become deeply familiar with Netlify's service and revenue model!
- Deep dive into Netlify's financial model and learn about our reporting cadence and process
- Become familiar with the various software systems used by Netlify (e.g., payroll, customer billing, expense management, sales reporting, headcount management) and flow of information across these systems
- Strategize on plan to create more detailed cash flow and balance sheet forecasts
- Be part of the selection process of our financial planning software.
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Take lead on monthly financial reporting and updating cash flow, balance sheet, software and headcount forecasts
- Implement cost efficiency metrics such CAC payback and LTV/CAC at the segment level
- Kick off implementation of our software planning tool and begin designing an automated workflow to report financial performance
- Create an industry benchmarking comp set and a regular process to review performance relative to comps and stage of company
- Start creating a scalable process to update department budgets for monthly review with department leadership.
Within 6 months, you'll:
- Proudly reflect on all the great work you have done this far!
- Begin leading business partnership relationships and lead budget review meetings within the G&A org
- Support in implementing segment reporting and performance management (lots of work in creating cost allocation frameworks)
- Other projects as they come up, lots of opportunity to take ownership of various processes
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.