Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Manager, Market Research to join our Market Insights team. The ideal candidate will implement a holistic approach to market research that will drive key business decisions across marketing, product, revenue and other business functions. The focus of this role is to further Toptal’s understanding of its two key audiences - Clients and Talent. We are looking for someone with a strong foundation in qualitative and quantitative market research. This person has the curiosity, work ethic, and experience that allows them to take business questions from stakeholders and translate them into research methodologies and briefs and provide insights that drive product, marketing, growth and GTM strategies.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in North America. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Partner with company leadership team to understand business questions that can be answered through primary market research.
- Propose appropriate market research methodologies that most effectively provide insights that drive product, marketing, growth and GTM strategies.
- Own end-to-end execution of ongoing and ad-hoc studies, both qualitative and quantitative including vendor selection, study design, fielding, analysis and reporting of results and insights
- Effectively communicate impactful and actionable research findings to the senior leadership and executive teams.
- When appropriate, leverage other data sources such as social listening, news and industry trends and reports to augment findings from primary research to provide more comprehensive insights.
- Build and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders across the organization and establish thought leadership in driving business decisions based on solid research findings.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Become acquainted with the teams, product, and business operations.
- Familiarize yourself with market research already conducted.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work closely with various stakeholders across the company on identifying open questions that can be answered with market research.
- Prioritize and propose studies that will drive impactful business decisions.
- Get familiar with social listening and other tools if you do not have prior hand-on experience.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Start establishing yourself at the go-to resource for all questions related to understanding Toptal’s client and talent audiences.
- Have a well-defined roadmap of periodic and ad-hoc studies that help drive product, marketing, growth and GTM strategies.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Establish a steady cadence of impactful market research insights that are shared across Toptal’s leadership team.
- Develop a strong understanding of Toptal’s client and talent audiences that enables you to provide powerful, actionable insights.
- 5-7 years of experience in Market Research - qualitative and quantitative at a company or research agency.
- Experience running market research end-to-end from understanding research objectives, selecting the appropriate methodology, managing research vendors and sharing insights with stakeholders and executive team.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, analytics, business, liberal arts or related field.
- Ability to understand business objectives and identify opportunities to apply market research methodologies to drive decisions to achieve them.
- Ability to work with senior leaders and stakeholders with a broad range of business objectives and questions and translate them into actionable market research proposals.
- Desire and ability to work beyond primary market research including Social listening, news monitoring and syndicated research to produce multi-faceted, comprehensive perspectives on Toptal’s client and talent audiences.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.