Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for an experienced Financial Associate able to understand business fundamentals, develop metrics, perform analysis and create presentations to summarize findings and insights. We are a data-driven company that relies upon sophisticated modelling to drive improvements throughout our operations. This role will work with departments across the company to identify key drivers, relationships, and KPIs that effectively describe our operations and build frameworks and models to forecast them.
Toptal is a rapidly growing technology company with significant opportunities to expand. This position will play a key role in determining where and when we should allocate our capital to continue our success.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
You will be responsible for developing monthly forecasts for each department, analyzing our actual results, and developing reporting to provide valuable insights in a timely manner. You will identify trends and issues and problem solve to improve the quality of our financial results. On an annual basis, you will help drive both the Strategic Planning process as well as the Budget process.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal, including rapidly learning about Toptal’s history, culture, vision, and strategy.
- Start to get a deep understanding of all aspects of the financial operations of the Company.
- Start to familiarize yourself with the leadership team, the reporting frameworks and cycles, and key analytics.
In the first month, expect to:
- Do an in-depth review of existing processes, models, and reports. As part of that, you will get fully familiarized with the Company’s performance & growth drivers to-date, as well as current plans and projections.
- Participate in the monthly forecast process.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Refine and improve the monthly forecasting process. Provide analyses to departments heads to help them improve their operations.
- Support P&L Management and ongoing business performance/KPIs reviews + build, maintain and distribute reports.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Leverage all new frameworks and models to help develop a robust multi-year strategic/financial plan.
- Drive execution of new frameworks and build/maintain related reporting, dashboards, etc.
- 4-8 years of relevant experience, including:
- Experience working in a Financial or highly analytical role ideally within a high growth technology company or consulting firm.
- Experience building financial models to forecast business results.
- Experience building ad-hoc models to support multiple business needs.
- Experience owning/driving budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Experience creating performance/operational metrics tracking mechanisms and reporting.
- Experience working in a cross-functional role touching several areas of the organization.
- You have superior mathematics and analytic skills.
- You have an exceptional eye for detail and are comfortable managing very large amounts of data.
- You are an eager learner.
- You possess professional skepticism, including the ability to challenge assumptions, communicate limitations, and flag blind spots.
- You understand how to build from the ground up and will dive in and do whatever is needed.
- You are incredibly professional in your communication, both written and verbal, always. You can efficiently work 1-1 with multiple peers.
- Collaboration and team play is core to your working style.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude that you bring to work daily.
- You are resourceful and have a strong ability to navigate an organization to get any information you need and to solve very complex problems, with limited direction and oversight.
- You are comfortable working under pressure and managing your time effectively to adhere to deadlines.
- You take responsibility for the quality of work that you do.
- Experience working 100% remote preferred.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.