Blue Lagoon Island is seeking to hire the an experienced individual to oversee the daily management of the Company’s marine fleet and crew, ensuring all relevant and health and safety requirements are met.
Include but not limited to:
- Create, review and implement policies and procedures relevant to the operation of the department.
- Hire, train, evaluate and assist in the professional skill development for all marine personnel.
- Ensure all captains and vessel licenses and registrations are renewed annually.
- Provide daily boat schedules for staff, movement of guests and supply/shipments to and from Blue Lagoon Island, providing a safe environment.
- Directs activities of boat-repair service, according to knowledge of maintenance needs and marine safety requirements.
- Keep maintenance history and details concerning conditions of all vessels.
- Ensures vessel in operation are safe
- Operate company vessel as a captain if required.
- Generate annual expense budget for vessel repairs and operating needs.
- Ensure staff and guests follow and comply with all safety protocols while on board the vessels.
- Promote commitment to safety and protection of the marine environment.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are properly investigated and reported.
- Ensure staff are properly trained to respond in emergency situations.
- Five to ten years’ management experience in the marine industry
- College degree or maritime training preferred
- Valid captain’s license
- Strong knowledge of boats and related technology
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office skills
- MUST BE VACCINATED
Only qualified applicants will be considered.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org