What you will have already accomplished:
•College Degree in Business, Hospitality/Tourism or related discipline
•3 years+ of management experience in Wedding Catering and/or Event Sales
•Must have hospitality catering sales experience
•Proficient in general computer knowledge.Description of Responsibilities
Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar's Wedding & Events Planner will work together with the Director of Events and is responsible for providing catering sales management in all aspects of the Wedding Chapel's operations to maximize events sales. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for short and long-term planning and the management of Weddings and Milestone events.
- Maintains or exceeds budgeted sales and profits in all Wedding Services areas.
- Achieve yearly targeted revenue goals as outlined annually.
- Actively seek out partnerships with Wedding Planners, Event Companies handling Wedding -arrangements and Wedding Industry specialists to generate leads
- Work with the Director of Events to develop and implement effective marketing plans for generating wedding revenues and room nights.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat catering business.
- Maintain strong customer relationships.
- Adopt strategies to positively impact need periods.
- Forecast to maximize the resorts public meeting space.
- Communicate effectively with ALL departments to ensure successful execution of events
- Conduct competitor analysis of the destination wedding market hotel venues, prices, packages and rates.
- Development Grand Hyatt Baha Mar weddings offerings.
- Develop Wedding proposals and contract templates, to be used for each individual customer.
- Conduct weekly sales calls to develop key partnerships with wedding planners and attend in-market events with the purpose to promote weddings.
- Work closely with Chef and Pastry Chef on menus and customizable requests as needed.
- Develop and implement Wedding service standards, including but not limited to sales, planning, marketing and administrative procedures.
- Develop cross promotion opportunities with sister hotels.
Physical Aspects of Position
- Conduct property wide site tours for both prospective clients and existing customers.
- Walking and standing are required. This includes walking to and from meetings, site inspections etc... Length of time for these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.