What you will also have already accomplished:
Description of Responsibilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience in Law Enforcement or Security Experience
- Communicate effectively in a positive upbeat fashion
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must possess a driver's license
Baha Mar's Security Officer will be responsible for providing safety and protection of assets including team members and guests. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to maintain interpersonal skills while focusing on guest service, maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance, work on weekends and holidays, work on your own with little supervision, and maintain annual departmental re-certification standards
- Work indoors and outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as noise, dust, cigarette smoke and variations in weather
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment
- Maintain a visible presence among guests and employees to deter potential problems and maintain an environment of safety and security
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations including assisting guests and employees with evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters, fires, floods, bomb threats, robberies, etc.
- Respond to emergency and/or potentially harmful situations, intervene to stop crime and disputes in progress and take appropriate actions
- Administer First Aid and CPR as needed
- Report work related accidents or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to Manager/Supervisor
- Patrol and inspect assigned areas as directed to identify and correct unsafe conditions
- Provide immediate response to officers who are dispatched to handle emergency situations and assist as needed
- Remove undesirable persons on property whose presence is not considered to be in the best interest of management or guests
- Investigate all incidents to include initial report and evidence gathering, conduct interviews in reference to accidents, loss reports, thefts/fraud, disturbances, altercations, domestic disputes, medical emergencies, physical hazards, etc.
- Handle business interruptions and complaints, such as suspicious individuals, civil disturbances or demonstrations, noise complaints, intoxicated individuals etc.
- Complete a Loss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report to ensure that all information is properly logged
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security/Loss Prevention and property reports/documents and release information only to authorized individuals
- All other duties and responsibilities of a Security Officer