An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Maintenance Assistant who will be instrumental in supporting and running our soon to be open Holiday Inn Express Nassau.
The position requires a multi skilled individual with strong operational and management experience in a branded hotel. The role is entirely hands-on and includes ensuring compliance with the brand standards.
- Support hotel renovations and other projects; contribute in the negotiation contracts. Help drive improvements in team member engagement that are aligned with the service philosophy.
- Manager/Area Maintenance Engineer and in accordance with Company policy and legal requirements.
- Ensure that policies with regard to lifts, fire alarm systems and pressure vessels are maintained in accordance with insurance requirements.
- Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests.
- Understand and respond to customer’s needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Carry out preventive maintenance programme to ensure facility is maintained and in service for our guests (example: lighting, refrigeration, heating, air-conditioning, water treatment systems, etc.)
- Decorating, tiling, basic electrics, basic plumbing, carpentry, general building work and changing locks.
- Well presented with excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Diagnose and carry out repairs whilst on site.
- To provide feedback to the staff in the office and update the inhouse property management system.
- To provide an emergency call-out maintenance service as and when required.
- To liaise with contractors, representatives and suppliers where required.
- Arranging and carrying out quarterly inspections on the condition of the properties.
- Support with the maintenance of pool area.
- Ideally you will have previous experience as a Maintenance assistant in a Hotel environment, a thorough knowledge of all areas of the trade and a good understanding of legislation and requirements.
- Basic degree/qualification in Maintenance field
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- A thorough knowledge of the Electricity at Work Regulations
This position requires someone who is flexible in working various shifts, holidays and weekends.
As a valued member of our team, you will be empowered to shape every guests journey into an experience that they will never forget! We offer excellent benefits, competitive wages, and hotel room discounts with IHG Hotels.