Sales Development Representative
At Wyyse, we know that the key to growth is in a high-performing sales team. That’s why we're seeking a qualified sales development representative (SDR) to find and screen potential customers who can benefit from our software and services. As the first line of communication with prospects, ideal SDRs have a strong understanding of the entire sales process, while also excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our Account Executives up for success. This is an individual contributor role that reports to a sales manager who values active coaching.
You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills, and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Every potential customer is an opportunity for you to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability.
Objectives of this Role
· Represent our company’s software and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding of the challenges for governments and businesses we serve leading to identify how our solutions meet those needs
· Generate leads and build relationships by contacting new prospects
· Set appointments from inbound leads promptly
· Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage account executives for next steps
· Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
· Make 50+ phone calls per day
· Utilize SalesForce, SalesLoft, cold calling, and email to generate new sales opportunities
· Update CRM and other sales tools daily
· Leverage sales tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator to network with potential customers
· Identify prospect's needs and suggest appropriate products/services
· Build long-term trusting relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
· Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and Account Executives
· Report to sales manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
· Achieve and exceed weekly/monthly metrics (appointments, qualified leads, new contacts, etc.)
· Participate in daily training/sales meetings
Basic Skills and Qualifications
· Cold calling experience preferred
· Ability to think on your feet in a conversation and answer unexpected questions
· Intellectually curious
· Resilient in the face of objection
· Willingness and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Passion for a career in sales
· Good at finding a way to motivate yourself
· Highly organized and able to adapt to change
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to quickly learn and fully understand product possibilities and relay them in a way that contributes to appropriate customer expectations
· Confident using programs like Salesforce and LinkedIn.
Why You’ll Love It at WYYSE:
· Join a fast-growing tech startup in the Caribbean.
· The opportunity to hone your skills, learn new ones, and make a direct impact on the company's growth.
· Work and interact with local government officials and businesses from across the world to support digitization efforts.
· Dedicated colleagues and in-person team building trips and activities.
· Competitive salary
· Opportunities to earn employee recognition points redeemable for prizes and gift cards
· Fun company events and team outings
· We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.