Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a difference in the global employee development space as a Learning & Development Partner (L&D) on our People Team. We are looking for someone who has the ability and motivation to understand Remote first working environments, our values, and industry, allowing them to implement initiatives and play a key role in the learning and development of our employees.
This is role is most ideal for someone that enjoys a scrappy start-up, that has experience in non-traditional Learning & Development methods, that loves bringing quirky technology into training (including VR), that enjoys an environment that continuously challenges the industry but also that can implement Learning programs at the same pace we are scaling at!
- 5+ years of experience and expertise in relevant areas such as L&D, business partnership, instructional design and people development, ideally in a fast-paced environment. Non-traditional L&D is most ideal in our environment.
- Confidence in the design, development and implementation of training solutions such as e-learning, coaching, mentoring and group facilitation.
- Familiarity of e-learning platforms and practices.
- Knowledge of learning trends such as adult learning theories, learning technology, competency frameworks and assessments, and human-centered design.
- Previous experience in utilising quirky technology or VR within L&D would be an added advantage!
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders of all levels and functions to drive company mission, values and outcomes through L&D initiatives.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills to deliver training and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Passion for career development, training, and helping team members develop to their fullest potential.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Collaborate with the Director of People to design a robust L&D strategy that includes learning frameworks, curriculum and pathways inline with company values and specific business priorities and outcomes.
- Partner closely with members of the People Team and the Leadership Team to perform skills gap analysis, understand L&D needs, and curate learning solutions.
- Create and scale asynchronous and synchronous L&D programs that strengthen company culture, employee's individual development, leadership development and organisational learning.
- Deliver and facilitate training to teams and individuals across all business areas over a variety of learning methods (eg: video learning, interactive learning, mentoring, coaching, job-shadowing) and communication channels (eg: Slack, Zoom, Notion).
- Design and implement an effective thought leadership training program.
- Contribute to the review and development of L&D-related policies, processes and procedures to best meet business needs and ensure full compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Be an advocate for learning, and a learning culture, to support organisational growth, change and retention.
- Provide L&D input on all People-related topics such as recruitment, employee relations, career progression, talent management, and health & wellbeing to influence performance at an individual, team and organisational level.
- Liaise with third party partners as necessary to deliver required training to appropriate standards.
- Own L&D metrics and use data insights to identify learning needs, iterate learning offerings and assess effectiveness of learning solutions.
- Directly responsible for all documentation relating to L&D.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: Director of People
- Team: People
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with Director of People
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with our Sales Enablement Director
- Interview with a founder
- (async) Offer
- Reference Check