At Bahamas Ferries, we are committed to offering modern, reliable marine transportation in a safe and friendly environment. Our goal is to exceed customer expectations while achieving our profitability targets. We prioritize creating a workplace that fosters growth opportunities and respects the dignity of every crew member.
Director of Freight & Logistics to develop and manage inbound and outbound freight strategy, process, and systems across our national mulch and soils business. Bahamas Ferries executes very large number of shipments per year, in this critical role you will report directly to CEO/ COO and as a member of the Senior Leadership Team will provide general and direct supervision to assigned material management activities, primarily related to logistics and other interfacing disciplines that include material planning, purchasing.
The ideal candidate for this role will be adaptable, dynamic, fully aligned with the vision, core values, code of conduct, and mission statement of Bahamas Ferries, and will possess strong leadership and strategic thinking abilities.
- Ensuring that goods are efficiently transported, and they are delivered to where they are meant to be on time
- Recruiting and hiring new workers while also overseeing the activities of staff to ensure that operations flow smoothly.
- Managing budgets by making ends meet which involves keeping a careful eye on costs and finding a cheaper way to transport goods.
- Implement Logistics system, process and procedures, training department on the new system, process, and procedures.
- Oversee department of 30 employees
- Looking out for ways to improve transportation processes. For example, redesigning how a warehouse is arranged to make it easier for loads to be arranged and placed into trucks
- Monitoring inventory by coming up with new ideas or innovations on how the organization can sell more products and how customer demands can be accurately satisfied
- Maintaining good and healthy relationships with staff, customers, or vendors and seeking feedback from customers to ensure their satisfaction
- Keeping track of timetables and costs. Act as liaisons between their brand and the companies that make, ship, and deliver their products.
- Develop operational budgets for facilities, labor, supplies, and freight — in addition to annual budgets.
- Analyze all aspects of company logistics to determine and recommend the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies
- Establish Logistics strategies for inbound and outbound freight needs, own vs leased equipment decisions, and 3rd party carrier selection
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, and work in concert with customer service
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers. Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or cadence
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and legal authorities, including company safety policies
- Negotiate transportation services and rates while owning carrier management processes including assessment, selection, and performance
- Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems
- Perform additional duties and take on alternate roles as directed by the COO or other executive management.
- Bachelor’s degree or in supply chain management, transportation, economics, business administration, project management, or a similar field
- 5 plus years’ logistics/distribution multi-site management experience utilizing truck & IMC freight movement, with experience leading and managing Logistics teams in implementing best practices and processes.
- Well-versed in business and management principles including strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership, production methodology, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques along with skills to maximize the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Knowledge of multi-channel distribution, ERP, and TMS systems with strong excel skills
- Experience managing teams of full-time and part-time employees
- Experience in analyzing metrics and data-driven decision making.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver on KPIs
- Technical and applied understanding of logistics software and warehouse management systems
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Multitasking capabilities
Our Mission: To provide modern, reliable marine transportation in a safe & friendly atmosphere, that exceeds customer expectations while meeting profitability targets. Creating a working environment that generates opportunity for growth and preserves the inherent dignity of every crew member.
- SAFETY FIRST - Our crewmembers and customers are our most important assets. We must provide a safe environment for both.
- TEAMWORK - Every employee is a team member and contributes to our success. The concept of TEAM – Together Each Accomplishes More – shall be our approach to company activities.
- INTEGRITY - Our success requires that we always maintain honesty in our work. The prevailing perception must always be one of fair-play and justice for all.
- INNOVATION - We absolutely cherish free spirits and encourage crewmembers to proffer “out of the box” ideas, so that we maintain our image as the pacesetters.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE - BF believes all clients and guests deserve the finest service we can deliver.
Our Code of Conduct:
- RESPECT & DIGNITY - Treat our fellow crewmembers, clients and their guests with the respect, dignity and understanding they deserve as fellow human beings.
- PRACTICE ENTHUSIASTIC FRIENDLINESS - Go out of your way to offer a friendly greeting and a bright genuine smile. Never walk by a fellow crewmember or one of our guests or clients without acknowledging them.
- DEDICATED WORK ETHIC - We strongly believe in the concept of an honest day’s work for an honest day's pay.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bahamas Ferries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. In adherence to the fair employment laws of the Bahamas and the United States, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment decisions, from hiring to termination and everything in between, are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to any of these protected characteristics. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply and join our team.