International Application Checklist
TU is making every effort to be as flexible as possible with application requirements due to the COVID-19 pandemic. International Admission has posted some frequently asked questions about our COVID-19 policies that may help you. If you have further questions, contact your admission counselor or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An International Application for Admission. TU also accepts the Common App.
- Original secondary/high school transcripts with a certified translation if not in English.
- Original transcripts from all colleges/universities attended with a certified translation if not in English.
- Students with more than 48 or more academic credit hours are not required to supply secondary school documents.
- Official IGCSE, A-Level, International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, or Advanced Placement results if taken.
- Evidence of English proficiency.
Certified copies are only acceptable when original transcripts are unavailable. Do not send TU your only original transcript because we are unable to return it to you.
- Counselor or teacher recommendation letters
- Personal essay
- SAT or ACT scores
- Send your scores directly from the testing agency using the ETS (TOEFL/SAT) institution code: 6883 or the ACT institution code: 3444.
- Interview – 2 options available:
- Personal interview with TU admission representative – Connect with us via phone, Zoom, WeChat, or WhatsApp. Contact email@example.com to request your interview.
- InitialView – We accept interviews completed through InitialView. InitialView records interviews and collects a short writing sample for international applicants to US universities.
Students requiring a student visa will need to submit:
- Confirmation of Financial Resources. Proof of financial support for 1 year of study and living expenses must be on file at The University of Tulsa before an I-20 for F-1 student visa support is issued.
- A photocopy of the personal data page of your passport.
For more information about visas and immigration, visit International Student Services!