Admissions information for undergraduate international students
We are here to help qualified students get admitted to the University of Nevada, Reno and earn their degree. Review the information below to learn about admission requirements, scholarships and tuition for international students.
International students must meet the following criteria to be considered for admission to the University:
- GPA: 3.0 academic GPA on a 4.0 scale
- English proficiency: 61+ TOEFL or 6.0 IELTS or 95+ Duolingo
- SAT/ACT scores: We do not require SAT or ACT scores for admission or scholarship consideration
- Complete your application and pay application fee. Complete the simple International Student Application online and pay $95.00 USD non-refundable application fee.
- Submit a copy of your passport biographical page. This can be attached to the application or emailed to OISS@unr.edu after submitting your application.
- Have official transcripts sent from your high school. Transcripts are considered official if they are received via regular mail/post in a sealed envelope, emailed directly from a school official as a password protected attachment with the password sent in a separate email, or faxed with a cover letter on the school’s letterhead.
- Verify you have met English language requirements. Verification of having met the English requirement through one of the following options:
- TOEFL score 61+
- IELTS (must be academic version) with a score of 6.0+
- Duolingo English Exam score 95+
- Cambridge score of B2+
- Graduation from (or in the process of completing) a U.S. high school
- For students who have taken the SAT/ACT exam we may be able to use your score to satisfy the English requirement