International Undergraduate Admissions Policy
Please note: To help expedite consideration of your application for admission, please submit all the required documentation listed below at your earliest opportunity. Unfortunately, applications cannot be considered for admission until Winthrop University's Office of Admissions has received ALL required application materials.
- Undergraduate applicants (beginning freshmen and transfers) must submit official transcripts, mark sheets and examination certificates in their native language for all secondary and/or postsecondary coursework, along with certified, literal (exact) English translations for documents not originally issued in English. All official documents must be sent directly from the issuing institution, examining body, evaluation service or translation service to Winthrop University's Office of Undergraduate Admission. Transcripts uploaded via the application portal cannot be accepted.
- All undergraduate applicants (beginning freshmen and transfers) must submit secondary and college or university credentials from non-U.S. institutions to a foreign credential evaluation agency for a course-by-course evaluation with grade point average calculation. Winthrop recommends a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org). The credential evaluation report must be sent directly from the evaluation service to Winthrop University's Office of Admissions and include the cumulative GPA.
- SpanTran is a NACES company that has created a custom portal for Winthrop students to help you obtain a course-by-course evaluation with grade point average calculation at a discounted rate. You can apply with their custom application by clicking here. Once completed, SpanTran will send an official, electronic copy of your evaluation to Winthrop at no cost.
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. is a NACES approved company that has created a custom portal for Winthrop students to help you obtain a course-by-course evaluation with grade point average calculation at a discounted rate. You can apply for these services using their custom portal by clicking here.
- Official and original results of any standardized tests, such as SAT and ACT examinations (please note that SAT and ACT examinations are not required for international students but are highly recommended for potential scholarship eligibility). Standardized test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to Winthrop University's Office of Admissions.
- Official documentation of English proficiency (see specific English language requirements below).
- A non-refundable application fee of U.S. $60 must accompany the application.
- A clear photocopy of identity page of passport (to ensure correct spelling of applicant's name and verification of birthdate). A clear, legible copy of this document can be uploaded via the application portal.