All students are automatically considered for academic scholarships based on their application for admission and supporting documents. Students will be notified of any scholarship awards at the same time they are notified of their admission decision.
Need-based financial aid from Valparaiso University is not available to international students. Valpo does offer a #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship opportunity for international applicants.
The #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship recognizes international students who have a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding. The scholarship is open to students of all academic majors and fields of study.
*An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess US citizenship or permanent residency.
1. Be an admitted student to Valparaiso University.
2. Submit the one-page #YouAreWelcomeHere application, and corresponding essay or video.
3. If awarded a scholarship, claim it by submitting a tuition deposit ($400 USD) by May 1, 2021
• Application Opens January 25, 2021 – Closed
• Application Deadline: March 15, 2021 – Closed
• Decisions e-mailed to recipients after April 1, 2021
• Enrollment Deposit Deadline: May 1, 2021
The You Are Welcome Here Scholarship is a stackable and annually renewable scholarship. The total of all Valparaiso University scholarships will not exceed $30,000.
Additional questions can be sent to the International Admissions Team at Intl.Undergrad@valpo.edu