May 25, 2021
Valparaiso University Valparaiso, IN 46383-6493 USA
Education / Training
Job / Advertisement Description
WE NEED THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION:
- Your application to Valparaiso University
- A copy of your passport
- An official copy of your high school transcripts, with an English translation if they are in another language. Your transcripts are considered official if:
- They are sent directly from your guidance counselor or another high school official.
- You bring them to campus in a sealed and stamped envelope that came directly from your high school.
- They are sent directly from a credential evaluator, such as WES or ECE.
- They are directly from a government sponsoring organization or EducationUSA officer.
- Test Scores and Proof of English Proficiency.
- If you are an international student and need a visa to study in the U.S., you must submit one of the following: SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP, A and O Levels, or IB. (You may submit more than one type of test if you wish.)
- If you are a transfer student from a US college and university and have successfully completed 24 hours of credit you have met our test requirement
- Valparaiso University has several University to University partnerships. Only through these partnerships students may meet English proficiency through an agreed upon memorandum of understanding (MoU).
- Valparaiso University International Admissions is currently accepting the Duolingo Test (which you can take online in your home) due to COVID-19 virus testing center closures. We understand these closures may impact you and make it difficult to meet English proficiency test requirements for admission at this time.
THE FOLLOWING ARE ACCEPTABLE SCORES:
- SAT (Reading & Writing score of 500)
- ACT (English score of 24)
- TOEFL (75 iBT minimum)
- IELTS (6.0 minimum) must be less than 2 years old.
- iTEP (3.8 or higher)
- PTE (56 or higher)
- GCE or GCSE (A/O Levels) English exam (Grade of A or B)
- IB Higher Level English Exam (Score of 5, 6, or 7, or grade A or B)
- Duolingo (100 or higher) in light of COVD-19 (subject to change) Scores must be sent through Duolingo which is free. We will not accept PDF copies of score reports.
- Completion of at least two consecutive years of high school and graduating from a United States-based high school are also acceptable proof of English proficiency
- Completion of Level 112 at an ELS Language Center. Conditional admission is available for students who have not yet met our English Proficiency requirements.