May 25, 2021
Roger Williams University
1 Old Ferry Road, Bristol, RI 02809 1 Empire Street, Providence RI 02903
Education / Training
Job / Advertisement Description
International First-Year Admissions Requirements
Roger Williams University is a member of the Common Application. All international students must complete and submit both the Common Application and the Roger Williams University Supplement to be considered for admission to RWU.
- Complete the Common Application and RWU Supplement
- Complete the required essay
- One letter of recommendation
- Your most recent high school transcripts
- Transcripts must be in English or sent along with a certified translation.
- International transcript evaluations are not required, but can be sent as additional supporting material.
- Documentation of Financial Support
- All students who will be studying on an F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa are required to submit financial documentation at the time of application. Please submit documents confirming available funds for the annual costs of study (such as savings deposits, checking accounts, or a signed bank letter verifying the ability to pay educational expenses). All documented sources of support must be:
- current (within 12 months of starting date at RWU)
- written in English
- signed and stamped by a bank official
- A student who cannot submit this requirement at the time of application may receive conditional acceptance. However, direct admissions will not happen until we receive the required documentation of financial support.
- To determine the total required, please refer to the International Student Financial Statement.
- SAT and/or ACT scores are not required, but can be sent as additional supporting material.
- TOEFL and IELTS scores are not required. However, we do suggest if you have those scores to send them in order to receive the best admission placement for your English level. For more information, please see our English Language Pathways page. If you choose to submit test scores, please use the following RWU school code:
- College Board SAT and TOEFL: 3729
- ACT: 3814