The Aquatics Guide must have a dynamic outgoing demeanor with a passion for delivering industry leading service while demonstrating exemplary skills. This role establishes and drives a positive working environment and focuses on the Guest Experience while operating with optimum Safety in all activities with our guest and fellow colleagues in mind. This position specializes in guiding activities such as Zipline, Kayak, Wave Jet, and other activities as required by the Lead Shore Excursions. Leading by example at the Front of House this is a position that requires exemplary customer engagement. Must be able to respond to any type of emergency and perform lifesaving procedures.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Island employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality, and Environmental standards.
Deliver clear instructions for tours and activities to guests including but not limited to, boundaries, routes, safety information, weather concerns, communication procedures, and emergency protocol
· Help customers get fitted for equipment ensuring they are using the correct type and size of equipment for each attraction
· Guide Zip line, Kayak, Wave Jet tours, etc. in a safe and responsible way.
· Interact with guests and guide guests while identifying elements within the environment
· Demonstrate control of large groups of varying abilities and ages
· Demonstrate and lead a safety-first culture in all activities
· Conduct clear and concise briefings and instructions
· Use clear and professional communication while using the radio channel provided for the operation
· Display advanced time management skills and conduct tours in a timely manner
· Demonstrate effective team work and excellent customer service
· Acknowledge distress signals, maintain a calm demeanor, and respond actively to any emergency and/or assist if needed as per company procedures
· Communicate with the management if any structural and operational issues arise
· Communicate clearly and concisely to guests, colleagues, and management in both verbal and written format
· Conduct safety checks on all guiding equipment including but not limited to, Kayaks, Paddle boards, Paddle boats, Wave Jets, boats, rescue equipment, EZ dock, Zip line equipment etc.
· Manage rescue equipment inventory and maintain expert knowledge on how to use it.
· Conduct general maintenance of all equipment including but not limited to, Kayaks, Paddle boards, Paddle boats, Wave Jets, Boats, Rescue equipment, EZ dock, Dock anchors, and Zip line equipment (i.e. harnesses, safety straps, carabiners, trolleys, lanyards, ropes, breaking system, pulleys, etc.). Remove, replace, and report any malfunctioning parts
· Care for, maintain, and clean all guiding equipment on a daily basis
· Manage rescue equipment inventory and maintain expert knowledge on how to use it
· Maintain communication equipment and ensures it is in good working order
· Write reports and complete maintenance logs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
· Participate in trainings on a weekly and monthly basis
· Train new staff on tour and guiding procedures
· Maintain knowledge of all island tours and activities to manage customer inquiries
· Sell all tours, activities, and revenue generating products
· Set up and close working areas as per schedule or instructed by management
· Always wear the uniform provided by the company and maintain Company grooming standards
· Always wear Company approved footwear and personal protective equipment
· Adhere to company confidentiality agreement regarding any confidential company information
· All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean
International’s “The Royal Way”, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies