To apply as an international student to one of Capital’s undergraduate programs, please submit materials before April 15 for fall semester or October 15 for spring semester. Certain programs (e.g., nursing, etc.) may have earlier admission deadlines. Please check with the appropriate department to learn more about specific deadline.
A completed undergraduate application includes:
- Your online application, or complete the Common Application.
- Official external examination results
- Official high school transcripts (Please submit original or certified copies of the records in the original language and of English translations of the records. Photocopies or facsimiles will not be accepted.)
- Capital requires all applicants to complete the following college prep course work at high school level to be considered:
- 3 math classes
- 3 science classes
- 3 social studies classes
- 2 English Classes
- Official post-secondary education record. If you are transferring to Capital University from a university in the United States, you will need to submit your official college record/transcript in a sealed envelope. If you have taken college or university classes in another country, you will need to provide an official college record to our institution. You must also supply an official transcript(s) for the work to World Educations Services (WES). WES will provide a course to course evaluation of how we should interpret your previous work for transfer credit purposes.
- For international students currently on an I-20 from another U.S school, you will need to provide a copy of the front and back of an I-20 form, visa page, and other immigration documents (form I-20 or DS-2019, etc). Moreover, you will need to work with the admission office and complete the International Transfer Form.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report, or SAT/ACT scores for native English speakers, TOEFL or IELTS score is waived if applicant has completed an English composition course at a U.S. college or university with a grade “C” or above. Conditional admission and bridge program are available for students who do not meet English proficiency requirement. There is no separate application form for ESL program but additional $25 ESL application fee is required.
- For F-1 visa students, proof of funds to study in the form of current bank statements or an Affidavit of Support (PDF).
- Photocopy of your passport identification page