The Foundation will provide a maximum of four scholarships per year for undergraduate studies at any college/university locally or abroad. The program is open to all Bahamian high school graduates desiring to further their academic development in pursuit of a fulfilling career in one of the following discipline: Environmental Engineering, Oceanography, Atmospheric Science or Computer Technology. Of the three annual awards, preference will be given to one student resident in Grand Bahama Island and one student resident in Long Island at the time of application. The grant must be used by the student to assist with tuition, books, lab fees, and or boarding expenses.
In order to qualify for an award the candidate must:
- Be a Bahamian citizen between the ages of 17 and 24
- Be accepted at an accredited college or university
- Possess at least 5 or more subjects that include Math and English at A B or C level in the BGCSE examination
- Express a desire to return to The Bahamas at the completion of his/ her course of studies
- Provide satisfactory evidence of financial ability to pay for one year of college expenses
- Be a full time student and pursue a minimum of 15 credits per semester
Continuing Eligibility Requirements
To remain eligible for renewal of the grant the candidate must:
- Maintain an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.00
- Maintain a minimum average of 15 credit per semester
- Provide the selection committee with a copy of his/her transcript at the end of each semester
- Provide evidence of 20 hours of community service annually
Before applying please download, complete and attach application form.
Submission can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org