Description of Responsibilities
- High School Diploma
- 2 years + of server experience in a restaurant or related field
- Hospitality/Tourism Server experience preferred
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
SLS at Baha Mar's Cabana Server will work together with the Restaurant Manager to provide guests with exceptional dining experiences, offering suggestions and recommendations on menu items and wine pairings, ensuring guests' expectations for their meals are exceeded. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide dynamic services to ensure guests are "wowed" by SLS at Baha Mar's hospitality
- Develop and implement table service strategies aligned with the company's overall mission, vision values and strategies
- Excellent knowledge of food and beverage, including being able to service and sell products
- Take and deliver food and beverage orders to guests and ensure correct and prompt delivery of orders
- Prepare check and deliver to guests when finished
- Clear, clean, reset, and maintain station during shift
- Follow all proper cash, credit card, and room charge procedures
- Monitor guests' service needs on a continual basis, ensuring all requests are delivered accurately and in timely manner
- Answer all questions and resolve any guest complaints in a timely, friendly and professional manner
- Uphold the highest standards of courtesy and conduct exceeding expectations
- Total compliance with SLS at Baha Mar's standards of operation
- Stay current on hospitality best practices and industry trends
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
- Perform other duties as assigned