The Bahamas National Trust, a non-profit organization committed to the conservation on sacred parks and spaces seeks to provide professional experience for our interns. This paid internship offers hands-on experience of theory learnt. Internship will assist in developing skills relevant to your career and hone your existing skills along with building meaningful connections.
• Bachelor’s Degree in human resources management or studying towards a degree in Human Resources or related field.
• 3.00 or above GPA
• Working knowledge of Bahamian Labor Laws
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to work effectively with coworkers and the general public.
• Ability to learn relevant new software
• Networking opportunities
• Earlier career counseling
• Interaction with experienced industry professionals across numerous disciplines
• Leadership training
• Management Training
• Opportunity to operate in culture that promotes diversity, teamwork, work/life balance, recognition and rewards Mentorship and professional development training
• Reference letter upon successful completion
• Virtually & Face to Face operated
• Program runs for one year
• Hours: Monday- Friday 10:00am to 3:00pm
• 3-month probationary period
• Stipend of $6,000 per annum ($500 per month)
• Program is guided by BNT staff protocols
• Interns must sign confidentiality and Code of Conduct Agreements
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Updating internal databases by inputting new employee contact information and
• Screening potential employees' resumes and application forms to identify suitable
candidates to fill company job vacancies.
• Organizing interviews with shortlisted candidates.
• Assisting in the planning of company events.
• Preparing and sending offer and rejection letters or emails to candidates.
• Coordinating new hire orientations.
• Responding to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, employee benefits, and other HR related matters.
ABOUT THE BNT:
The Bahamas National Trust (BNT) was created by an Act of Parliament in 1959 to build and manage the national park system of The Bahamas. Possibly the only non-governmental organization in the world charged with such a responsibility, the BNT works daily to conserve and protect the natural resources of The Bahamas through stewardship and education for present and future generations. There are currently 32 National Parks managed by the BNT with more than 2 million acres of marine and terrestrial areas protected. The BNT’s headquarters has offices on six (6) islands, with its headquarters on Nassau.
Please submit Resume or CV along with College Transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on April 20th,2021.