Achieve is seeking an Online Social Sciences Instructor to instruct and tutor college students to sit for standardized examinations. Classes are held once a week for 3 hours. We currently have a need for instructors that are able to teach Overview of Humanities, Sociology, Developmental Psychology and Introduction to Psychology. A Powerpoint presentation, syllabus and study guide is provided; no grading or reviewing of papers needed!Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Humanities-related discipline, from an accredited institution
- Subject Matter Expert
- Three years or more of classroom teaching experience with one year of online teaching experience desired but willing to train the right candidate
- Location: Home-based USA
- Schedule: 3 hours per week for instruction and 2 hours for individual tutoring; availability to teach classes on Monday 7pm-10pm EST and/or Wednesdays 7pm to 10pm EST and/or Thursdays 6:30pm to 9:30pm EST and/or some weekend availability.
- Experience with Adobe Connect and Moodle is a plus
- Adapt training delivery, in real-time, to meet differing experience levels of participants
- Actively seek evidence of audience engagement, comprehension and provides coaching as necessary
- Track student progress and help students stay on pace to take the examination within 30 days of the class end date
Why Work for Achieve Test Prep?
Achieve helps working college students assess their ability to earn college credits using the credit-by-exam process. For those who are not exam-ready, Achieve provides online exam prep courses and 1:1 tutoring, facilitated by seasoned instructors, to increase students\u2019 likelihood of earning college credits via credit-by-exam.
Our purpose is to increase the number of working college students that graduate and do so in a way that protects students\u2019 financial health.
Employee engagement and development is one of the keys to our success at Achieve! We believe our employees empower our company and are the reason for our success. Embracing a work-from-home model for the entire company, all employees enjoy a better work-life balance through flexible work schedules. We offer on-the-job training and career advancement opportunities. Does Achieve sound like the place for you?
To apply, please visit the careers\u2019 page and complete our questionnaire.