Job: ID 767530BR
Business: Disney Cruise Line
Date posted: Feb. 13, 2021
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
The Island Demi Chef de Partie – is responsible for assisting with the preparations for island Crew daily breakfasts, lunches and dinners with Island Chef de Partie and the preparation ofbreads, rolls, cakes, cookies, desserts, and pastries for Crew buffets.
- Can be assigned to any area in the Kitchen. Must be competent in the Cold Pantry, Hot Kitchen and Crew Pastry/Bakery.
- Responsible for galley ordering and stock control in partnership with Island Chef de Partie
- Understands, monitors and sees that the opening and closing procedures for overall Crew galley and production areas are followed, sees to follow through with Island Chef de Partie and Second Stewards
- Understands and monitors (together with Second Stewards) all sanitation laws, policies and procedures, sees to compliance and follow through with Island Chef de Partie and Stewards
- Follow recipe standards, correct usage and care of equipment, proper storage and stock rotation along with compliance of all standard operating procedures
- Assists the Island Chef de Partie to see that established food quality standards during storage, production and service follow standard operating procedure
- Actively suggest ways to improve the operation
- Additional duties and tasks designated by leadership, when necessary
- Minimum 1 year formal culinary training from an accredited school
- Minimum 2 years work experience which may consist of an accredited school or recognized apprenticeship OR 3 completed contracts as a Cook 1 or comparable role onboard a cruise ship
- Operational knowledge and ability to execute responsibilities within a busy kitchen environment, understanding of cost control, food waste/spoilage
- Proficient in safe food handling, HACCP and familiar with Bahamian and USPH standards and practices
- Knowledge and proficiency in following and converting recipes
- Demonstrates a commitment to culinary career with a desire to grow within the F&B industry
- Be willing to follow and embrace Bahamian health requirements and guidelines as well as safety and environmental requirements administered by the Company
- Good communication skills
- Physically fit, with endurance to lift, bend or stand for long periods of time
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and obtain necessary visas, if applicable (DCL will provide you with documents for this)
- Have authorization to work in the Bahamas
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line
is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.