Job: ID 769133BR
Business: Disney Cruise Line
Date posted: Feb. 16, 2021
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
The Island Director in Training is a designated successor position to the Island Operations Director. Under a structured operational development plan, the Island Director in Training will function in a variety of leadership positions on Castaway Cay, under temporary assignment, to holistically support the island operation. While reporting to the Island Operations Director, this will provide the Island Director in Training exposure and opportunity to contribute to overall success of multiple lines of business and departments (Island Services (Custodial/Public areas, Galley, Horticulture and guest transportation), Island Recreation, Animal Programs, Island Security and/or Island Maintenance). A temporary assignment may also include the Island Operations Director role.
- Operate within a variety of leadership roles on Castaway Cay to gain critical knowledge and exposure of various operational areas. Provide leadership staffing coverage during vacation gaps. Proactively contribute to the overall strategic and operational direction for island operations.
- Responsible for all day-to-day operational aspects of a rotating assigned role. Operational aspects will include but are not limited to driving business results, overseeing the success of crew line of business training, crew development and performance management, executing operational guidelines and plans and maintaining focus on delivering a safe and exceptional guest experience.
- Based on assignment and line of business focus, oversee the island departmental infrastructure, inventory control, construction, upkeep, maintenance and repair of all island facilities and equipment while coordinating other related operational activities in partnership with the appropriate DCL shore side and shipboard leadership.
- Serve as on-island representation for Disney Cruise Line with local Bahamian governmental agencies; partner with the Island Operations Director or Island Operations Manager (shore side) to address daily matters related to island operations.
- In addition to fulfilling temporary line of business assignments, successfully execute against structured training & developmental experiences and milestones that may include operational projects and other duties as assigned.
- 5+years of resort, island and/or passenger cruise ship operations experience
- Operational knowledge encompassing multiple lines of business
- Bachelor’s degree, Hotel Management diploma or equivalent work experience
- Financial focus and execution
- Experience leading employees at various levels and encourage excellent management practices
- Exposure leading the execution of new build and/or expansion of facilities
- Ability to be a trusted advisor, communicate effectively and create an environment of openness, trust, and team involvement at all levels
- Ability to develop and lead an initiative or project from conception to operation
- Proven experience working with local Bahamian authorities and government agencies. Familiarity of local environmental laws, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of proper food safety & sanitation policies/practices, environmental policies of the company. Knowledge of first aid and recreation and open water activities.
- Familiarity with public health policies in the Bahamas purchasing and logistics knowledge
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.