Island Experience Manager
The Island Experience Manager is responsible to deliver industry-leading hospitality standards in the Guest Services, Housekeeping, Laundry, and Tram Driving operations. This role establishes and drives a positive working environment and focuses on exceeding guest and team member satisfaction. This position ensures that all destination experiences and services are delivered as per Company Operating Standards.
The Island Experience Manager is a visible guest-facing position and uses effective planning and time management skills to properly balance front-of-house, back-of-house, and essential administrative duties, ensuring all operational needs are met. This role supports the Operations Director in all operational aspects of guest services to ensure the destination performance objectives, KPI’s, guest and team member satisfaction, and other key results areas consistently meet and exceed Company’s targets. This position leads by example and requires exemplary organization, attention to detail, excellent guest and team member engagement, training, knowledge of the product and service standards.
All duties and responsibilities are performed following Royal Caribbean International’s Brand Standards, the Royal Way philosophy, Company policies, and SOPs, Public Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental Guidelines. This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the destination team member occupying this position. All Team Members may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. The nature of this job requires daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages a team that excels in delivering industry-leading service and experiences to our guests, visitors, and team members.
• Takes an active role in attending all division meetings to speak and educate guest service standards.
• Assigns, schedules, coaches, counsels, and disciplines team members by communicating job expectations and enforcing policies, and procedures. Mentors, develops and provides both classroom-style and on-the-job training to team members to strengthen their current performance and preparation for succession planning.
• Responsible for leading a team of empowered individuals who will strive to deliver brand standard customer service, taking ownership and accountability for reacting to guest feedback and resolving issues on the spot. Analyzes all guest ratings and team member survey results and comments. Establishes a culture throughout the team for owning issues and knowing how to resolve them. Responds to escalated guest concerns professionally with the ultimate goal to resolve the issue and eliminate recurrence.
• Knows all destination events and functions by reviewing all available data to provide guests, team members, and vendors with accurate and up-to-date information to answer questions and handle any special requests.
• Delivers services and experiences for special groups, business visits, and weddings. Collaborates with other departments to achieve the ultimate positive outcome of the event or visit.
• Participates in trainings and meetings. Adheres to a company confidentiality agreement.
• Follows the destinations grooming standards and ensures the team follows the standards.
• Acknowledges and greets guests, visitors, and team members in public spaces with a warm, friendly greeting.
• Manages work schedules to meet the needs of the operation. Develops, implements, and monitors rotation sheets for the operation. Keeps record of hours worked and approves overtime.
• Maintains the continuous updating of clear and concise handover notes to eliminate any possible miscommunication that compromises the efficiency of set processes. Housekeeping and Laundry
• Establishes the standards for housekeeping and laundry services. Develops new ways to enhance services. • Ensures the Lead Housekeeper completes tasks as instructed and maintains checklists to record completion of work.
• Maintains the inventory of Laundry and Housekeeping items to ensure sufficient stock for the daily operation.
• Ensures accommodation and back of house public areas are clean, well maintained, and ready for team members.
• Supports the Lead Housekeeper with challenges, reviews, and corrects performance when required.
• Ensures the Housekeeping and Laundry teams are supported and have resources to complete work effectively. Guest Services and Drivers •
Manages the team that welcomes and greets guests at the arrival area and tram stations.
• Ensures Guest Services Lead completes tasks as instructed and maintains checklists to record completion of work.
• Ensures the arrival area, tram stations, and trams are clean and well maintained.
• Supports Guest Services Lead with challenges, reviews, and corrects performance when required.
• Ensures the Guest Services and Drivers teams are supported and have the resources to complete work effectively.
• Verifies all drivers’ licenses, trains, and tests drivers to operate guest trams, tractors, and other vehicles safely. Trains drivers to report immediately any driving safety concerns, incidents, accidents, and guest issues.
• Ensures tram operation is timely and efficient.
• Actively monitors driver's conduct for professionalism and engaging guest service.
• Supports the provisioning process. Schedules drivers as required to ensure success with this critical activity.
• Monitors expense areas including payroll, overtime, maintenance, and operational supplies.
• Maintains the inventory of operational equipment and trains the team on how to maintain inventory par level.
• A High Education Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in the hospitality industry in an international environment. • Experience in housekeeping, operations, and guest services is required.
• Extensive and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
• Ability to demonstrate leadership capabilities and work in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to plan projects, assign priorities, and resolve problems.
• Ability to manage an international team in a positive and productive manner by motivating and developing the team.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills, and attention to detail. Ability to work under stress and tight deadlines
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly, and cordially with guests, team members, contractors, and vendors.
• Ability to read and write English, to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, managers, and team members.
• While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste and smell. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• All destination team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal, and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
• Destination outdoor environment where high temperature, precipitation, and humid temperatures are experienced.
• While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to work outdoors in extremely humid and hot conditions for an extended time.
• This is a position where duties are exercised outdoors, walking on sand and uneven surfaces.