General Contractor Date Posted
Construction/ Degree Required
Certification Job Type
Full-Time Regular Min Experience
8 Years Max Experience
10 Years Job Description
We are seeking innovative, disciplined candidates who are experienced and reliable. Contractors can expect to negotiate with subcontractors on behalf of clients, apply for building permits, dispose of and recycle waste, manage personnel and other resources, visit sites and maintain records. They should have a working knowledge of masonry, carpentry, framing and plumbing, excellent communication skills, and an openness to learning.
A successful contractor must be curious, self-aware and passionate about the work. The ideal candidate will have exceptional leadership skills, above average computer literacy, a drive to keep up with trends, and a calm and optimistic approach to problem-solving.
- Hiring specialized subcontractors if necessary.
- Ensuring safety regulations are followed on site at all times.
- Advising clients.
- Making sure the sites are secure.
- Managing work teams, materials and equipment.
- Inspecting the quality of work done by employed workers and subcontractors.
- Keeping accurate financial records.
- Applying for building permits and licenses.
- Monitoring schedules.
- Certification in construction science, building science, surveying, or construction safety a plus +
- At least 5 years' experience in construction.
- Strong business and communication skills.
- Project Management courses would be beneficial.
Employment Act Requirement Settlement/City