RIGGER Date Posted
Nassau, New Providence Degree Required
High School Max Salary
$5.25 Job Type
Contract Full-Time Min Experience
2 Years Max Experience
5 Years Job Description Who we are
Founded in 1957, ENKA is global engineering, construction and project management company. ENKA works on project that range from civil, infrastructure, power, oil-gas and petrochemicals. Headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey; ENKA has been in the forefront of the engineering and contracting world for 62 years.
As ENKA Construction and Development B.V. we are awarded to build The Nassau Cruise Port in Nassau, Bahamas. Duration of our project is 20 months.
Related with this project we are searching for an experienced Riggers. Job Description
Rigs material to lift, move and position material onto ship or to move around the yard. Conveys instructions to crane operators and forklift drivers using hand signals, loud speaker or telephone. Locates, loads/unloads materials and equipment on and off ship and in and out of yard. Tests and installs rigging equipment, such as cargo booms, elevators, boat davits, booms and portable davits. Controls movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces. Selects cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks, braces and cushions according to weight, distribution and size of load to be moved. Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position. Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives to improve safety, improve quality, reduce cycle time, and reduce costs. Key Responsibilities
- Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure safety of workers and materials.
- Calculate the size and type of sling required for a particular lift, selecting the slings to lift the load, attaching the slings to the load and assisting in controlling the load as it is lifted by a crane.
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
- Dismantle and store rigging equipment after use.
- Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability.
- Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under, and/or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques.
- Perform task outside of craft as required.
- Attaches load with grappling devices such as loops, wires, ropes and chains to crane hook.
- Gives direction to crane operator or hoisting engineer engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and material handled using hand signals, loudspeaker, two-way radio or telephone.
- Sets up braces and rigs hoisting equipment using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Has ability to tie various knots.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for observing all safety rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively confer job related information to the supervisor and small groups.
- Ability and willingness to learn new tasks quickly.
- Ability to effectively confer job related information to the structural supervisor and small groups.
- Good knowledge of rigging procedures and equipment.
- Must know Crane Hand Signals.
- Coordinate the movements of hands and feet according to visual signals and directions.
- Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Observe flat drawing or diagrams and understand how they would look as a solid object.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Successfully pass a Drug and Alcohol Screening.
- Must be Physically and Medically qualified to wear required Personal Protective Equipment for the trade.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds, bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, ladders, reach, twist, work at elevated heights and small spaces.
- Have flexible schedule, be able to work any shift ( 1st, 2nd, or 3rd) and do overtime if required.
- Candidates must have a reliable method of transportation.
14 days leave per annum