Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Responsible for the maintenance and conservation of the Island’s HVAC and refrigeration equipment, not limited to but including walk in coolers, cold water drinking fountains, mini-bar, ice machines, ventilation and cooling & freezing equipment and exhaust / ventilation ducts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibility for maintenance of the installations/equipment-listed below should be assigned to the Refrigeration Engineer, in their specific job descriptions, as applicable although not to limited to such systems as:
- HVAC System (i.e. Window, Split, Central Systems, etc.)
- Refrigeration System (i.e. Container Freezer/ Walk in Cooler & Freezer, Ice Cream & Juice Machine, etc.)
- Ice Plant
- Vehicle A/C System
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance work, make arrangements to comply with the requests from the other departments for assistance. He shall ensure the necessary safety measures are taken to protect personnel and property.
- Ensure that that Engineering Manager is informed for work t’.
RCL places the highest value on the environment, and all employees shall do the same. Those assigned to this position shall work with superiors and subordinates to understand and comply with the company's environmental policies and be committed to safeguard the environment. He shall directly and immediately inform his immediate superior if any environmental system does not function properly.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Education as Refrigeration Engineer
- Bachelor of Science Refrigeration Engineering (or equivalent 4-year university degree preferred)
- Experience from Cruise Ships / Large Passenger Ships
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to work in multicultural environment
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of environmentally related engineering equipment and systems
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong administrative skills and working knowledge of computers, internet access and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, AMOS and other related programs
- Good communication/social skills.
- Ability to plan projects, assign priorities, resolve problems and to work with out supervision.
- Excellent English reading and writing skills required.
- Knows our brand standards and is accountable for executing against them at all times; holds others accountable for delivering against the standards
- Drives guest satisfaction by serving as the environmental ambassador Interfaces with waste vendors and port agents, as needed; this may include conducting waste vendor due diligence surveys and site inspections at the request of Environmental Stewardship
- Exhibits professional leadership presence, positive energy and passion in all situations
- Accepts ownership for achieving results in all areas of accountability including environmental performance, ratings, expenses, USPH, Workplace Safety and employee satisfaction
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all KPIs that are directly influenced by this role
- Ensures service standards, Safety, Environmental and other company policies and standards are consistently maintained
- Supports team’s Public Health needs by assisting with the implementation of plans and programs (e.g. OPP; IPM; Water Safety Plan, including potable and recreational waters; Public Health.
- Supports safety through various activities such as participation in Drills
- Ability to interpret architectural plans and have experience with.
- Budget review and expense management
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.