Head of Merchant Onboarding & Account Management
The Head of Merchant Onboarding & Account Management is a critical member of the Sales and Account Management team and will be responsible for ensuring the successful development and execution of Merchant onboarding strategy and accelerating Merchant Customer adoption of Click To Collect. This role works with Sales, Customer Success and Operations create a best in class service and experience for our Merchant partners. This is a high-visibility role within an exciting area of the business.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manage the comprehensive Merchant onboarding for all Click to Collect customers (including new business, renewals, and upsells) to ensure merchant customers receive a highly organized program with detailed goals, timelines, and processes. Serve as primary point of contact for customers during the onboarding and implementation phase of the customer lifecycle.
- Build implementation strategies to ensure customers in all customer segments are onboarded. Coordinate communication with other areas of the business to ensure a streamlined approach for every customer.
- Work directly with customers to set appropriate expectations, address customer goals, determine target dates, manage customer tasks, and provide regular project updates during the onboarding phase of the customer lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the customer success team, customer training team, and customer integrations team to create a streamlined and cohesive approach that allows customers to get successfully implemented and trained.
- Manage multiple simultaneous onboarding projects at one time, balancing priorities of business results, customer satisfaction, and technical quality.
- Provide best practices and mentorship to customers on how best to implement Click To Collect. Provide thought leadership with regards to overcoming challenges the customer is facing.
- Serve as the primary owner of customer Journey tasks in Salesforce. Document all steps and touchpoints as appropriate.
- Perform a wide variety of professional tasks, which demand a high level of creativity and imagination, as well as a thorough knowledge of the applicable needs and expectations of employees/customers.
Required Education and Experience
- Merchant onboarding / account management of a technology 4+ years’ experience a must
- Merchant onboarding in a consumer product environment; managing SKU information a plus
- Marketplace specifically, and/or platform account experience a plus
- Superior relationship and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- BA/BS degree.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, rapidly adapt and respond to customer requests and timeline changes.
- Highly collaborative, organized, and execution-oriented with strong presentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills with an emphasis on attention to detail, timelines, and quality of work.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to be flexible to project situations. Ability to research, analyze and provide a solution to newly identified issues.
- Able to be successful in a fast-paced environment that rewards hard work and self-motivation.