The Director will oversee all aspects of Merchant and Customer Success and is responsible for developing, implementing and managing a business strategy to achieve best in class customer satisfaction and the team responsible for sales and merchant acquisition. This role will support the development of the commercial offering of the business for both merchants and customers, and be an active role in the marketing needs of the business. This role is truly cross functional, a perfect mixture of left and right brain and will influence the growth and success of the business.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of Customer Success teams, including Customer Service Operations, Onboarding Merchant Sales, Operational Excellence and other technical solutions and scaled support teams.
- Drives continuous improvements of the sales process by collaborating with key stakeholders to understand the sales cycle and identify consistencies.
- Provide world-class support experience to all customers, across a wide range of customer needs.
- Develop metrics for measuring critical performance activities for each individual function to maximize success across sales, merchant and customer success.
- Set a firm strategy and plan to outline the large-scale strategic initiatives with a critical focus on recurring revenue metrics to measure and monitor the success of the customer success team.
- Research competitors, practices and market opportunities to assist in preparing authoritative recommendations on competitive sales positioning.
- Establish and build relationships with cross-functional partners to enable a go-to-market strategy, including driving the adoption of new merchants and sales.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
Required Education and Experience
- 8-12 years of leading and growing an account management and sales organization specific to the software / marketplace space.
- Experience in both merchant and customer service positions
- A strong operational leader to build a scaled operating model with people, tools, systems & processes improvements to drive efficiency and effectiveness across the customer lifecycle.
- Prior experience with delivering technical solutions in high growth environments
- Experience managing and evaluating global, multi-location outsourced vendor services.
- Passion for, supporting businesses, and improving the user experience for customers.
- Empowers the team and leads with empathy and integrity.T