Senior Cabana Attendant
Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
To provide exceptional service for our guests at the Coco Beach Club Cabana location on Cococay. Offerings include VIP service and amenities to enhance the vacation experience for these valued guests. Should possess a dynamic outgoing demeanor with a passion for delivering industry leading service while demonstrating exemplary problem resolution skills. The Cabana Attendant strives to exceed hospitality industry standards, while ensuring complete guest and team satisfaction. This role establishes and drives a positive working environment and focuses on operational goals where overall team performance is paramount.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s, The Royal Way, SQM standards, USPH and HACCP guidelines, environmental, and workplace safety policies and procedures. Each island employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout Cococay Perfect Day.
- Ensures the assigned cabanas and surrounding areas are clean presentable as per Perfect day standards
- Provide personalized service to the guest assigned to the cabana according with the royal way standards.
- Places guests’ name in name plate outside each Cabana
- Replenish Mini Bar
- Meets guests at Cabana check-in location, offer guests a cold towel and escort to Overwater or Land Cabana
- Monitors sales and sells any additional Cabanas
- Welcomes every guest by their full name and introduces themselves
- Gives each guest a wristband, offers a tour of the Cabana including lockbox, cooler, towels, shower, minibar, bluetooth system, etc.
- Directs the guests to important areas including restrooms, eating areas, beaches, and attractions
- Repeats their name, informs the guest how to contact them (i.e. intercom system), and wishes the group a Perfect Day at CocoCay Checks with the guest periodically to see if they would like their ice refreshed
- Asks guests if they would like to order any drinks periodically throughout the day and takes the order
- Provides a CBC Cabana Menu and respond to guest inquires, take orders from guest for their meals and serve and present the orders correctly to all guest; serve family style unless otherwise requested
- Returns to check on the Cabana periodically for immediate removal/clean up when the guest is done with their meals
- Removes cups, plates, and other trash throughout the day
- Delivers periodic Surprise and Delight items
- Thanks, the guests for visiting CocoCay and wishes them a wonderful voyage
- Enter Food and Beverage into POS, or relays order to galley as required
- Responsible for Sandollars
- Makes recommendations to entice guests while meeting management goals to reduce inventory stock
- Provides quality control of all food and beverage presentations, garnishes and decorates items as required before serving.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and integrity of the assigned station including (but not limited to) table setup and furniture.
- Observes guests to anticipate their needs, responds to any additional requests, and determines when the food and beverage service has been completed.
- Participates in a rotational station schedule
- Ensures safety and responsibility of tricycle
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses, and all other work-related activities as required.
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service excellence and understands the implications of cultural differences for service requirements.
- Follows all Island Standards with regards to service including greeting and escorting guests, using guests’ names, and observing guests anticipate needs.
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Always provides guests with alternatives and avoids using the word “No”
- Demonstrates pride, passion, and commitment to our Island hospitality philosophy
- Smiles when on duty; is always pleasant and upbeat
- Achieves business results through the delivery of an exceptional customer service experience, never via the solicitation of ratings
Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Island employee occupying this position. Island employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Actively follow ServSafe's responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Two to three years previous waiter experience.
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Royal Caribbean International’s Standards, when interacting with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to perform basic math functions about meal count procedures.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Portuguese is preferred.
- Successfully passes ServeSafe training within the first 30 days of contract.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment